Dear T-man,
I wanted to write you this letter before another year got away from me. Where does the time go?! You are SEVEN YEARS OLD now! I can hardly believe it. I read a book at school the other day called "If I Could Keep you Little" and then went into the bathroom stall and cried my eyes out. I just can't believe how quickly you are growing. I love you with all of my heart little man! I wish I could freeze you.
This past year you played baseball, soccer and basketball. You LOVE sports! You have been begging to take horse back riding lessons for a year now and I promise to make that happen for you this summer. You are very athletic and quite the acrobat. I am determined to get you into gymnastics one of these days.
This was on a "sick day". You are such a little dare devil! Sometimes you about give me a heart attack. You love riding your bike and your scooter, and even learned to roller blade with P this year.
I love how aware you are of others and their emotions and feelings. You are the first in tears when I am too harsh and lose my patience, and the first to apologize when someone gets hurt or upset. One fun memory from earlier this year that sticks out for me is this - you came home from school and told me that Sarah had "an anxious crush" on you. I asked you how you knew, and you said you could tell because "she keeps doing nice things for me like lettin me butt in line and stuff." I volunteered in your class the next week, and you were right on! It was obvious. So cute and very impressive, that a little guy would pick up on it though.
You are still quite shy around new people and in new situations - that's about the only time you cling to me like crazy. I am happy to report that you do still hug and snuggle me like there's no tomorrow - as long as no one's looking. You end up in my bed about 7 nights out of 7. Quite seriously. And if you don't, I have been known to go and get you. I love and cherish our time together.
You have a lot of friends - Will C, Will R, Joe, Jacob, Sam K, Sam P, Stephen, Evan, Hayden and Jackson - your favorite friend. Your favorite color is blue. Your favorite food is pasta. Favorite thing about being 6 - "Going to classic Fun Center with my mom." Favorite sport: baseball. Favorite toy: Scooby Doo. Favorite Song: Dynamite (I put my hands up in the air sometimes.) Favorite book: Scooby Doo. Favorite movie: Scooby Doo. You also love swimming, playing outside, riding a bike or roller blading, playing with cars and lego's, play doh and pretending with your big brother. For the most part, you are a very good sport about all of his creative ideas!
This year on your birthday you woke up to a decorated room and breakfast from "The Doughnut Dad". Then we went to school (I am a long term substitute at your school in the 2nd grade). Dad brought McDonald's to school for lunch and we ate in my room and then you and dad played checkers together. After school, Jackson came home with you and you played for awhile. Then when dad came home you opened your presents - Lego's, a Cars II Wii game, a soccer net, a small sock monkey, Play Doh, and candy from Parker. We had breakfast burrito's for dinner - your request. It was a fun day. We'll be having your "friend party" very soon. You have requested a pirate theme. It's sure to be lots and lots of fun. :)
TJ - you bring laughter, love and so much joy to our family. I am forever grateful that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to be your mother. You are a special boy and I love you with all my heart!!! Forever and always - NO MATTER WHAT!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment