Wednesday, December 10, 2008

your opinion please...

Shall I call this series: "Safety in Numbers", or "I guess she meant it this time!" ?! My kids pushed the limit ONE TOO MANY TIMES after bedtime tonight and I just about lost it on them both...okay, maybe I DID sorta lose it?!



In an effort to make Christmas more "meaningful" (air quote) this year, I decided to make most of my gifts. I mean, what could be more special and meaningful than that? How about a STRESSED OUT, MANIAC for a mother, and a disasterous house?! I think next year I'm going commercial!

All well, Merry Christmas anyway! :)

I don't mean to be negative. I really DO love this time of year. Here are some pix from a HAPPIER TIME, Monday Night FHE:





8 comments:

Zappe Family said...

cute, cute. It's stressful for sure to make homemade gifts.

Unknown said...

Bedtime is about the time when I can no longer handle my kids, too. Wow - making most of your gifts!?! Very admirable. The boys are adorable. Love the houses, too. Love this time of year!

P.S. Send me your address, please!

The Dillon 6 said...

at the very least, it's a fine line between insanity and well-meaning. I get the same way. I'm to the point that I realize I just need to lower my expectations...no disappointments that way.

That last picture is great product placement...are you shooting a NECCO ad? ;)

austin and cherisse said...

I dont know about you but I am a PERFECT mom...thats what I really like about myself...among many other things.

Sarah J. said...

What IS it about this time of year??? It's suppose to be the happiest time yet I find myself snapping at my girls and "losing it" a bit too often. And I DID go commercial!!! I think I'm just tired... all the time! :) Good luck, Niki!

Leslie Behunin said...

Is it the homespun Christmas that is stressing you out?? I love the idea but I imagine you would need almost the whole year to prepare for it. I'm sure it's A LOT of work but will be worth it!

Sharie McCraney said...

That is the truth. Commercial is much easier. Get it over in two days at Walmart hell then enjoy the rest of the month making fat treats.

Rachael said...

yeah, I hear you on the homemade gift thing... when am I ever supposed to do all those secret projects I have in mind? I'm in BIG trouble if school is canceled this week!!