Saturday, December 6, 2008

People who smoke are people too!

I had to laugh tonight. PDitty & Tman were both copping major attitudes so we left the Dollar Store without anything. A BIG drama fest ensued. PDitty, between sobs, was screaming, "Please give us one more chance. PLEASE! I'll be THANKFUL! I'm thankful for cars, I'm thankful for trees, I'm thankful for bushes, I'm thankful for Tanner, I'm thankful for mom, I'm thankful for dad, I'm thankful for EVERYTHING...except people who smoke!" The kid is so funny. I'm not sure how to teach him how to be less judgmental, believe me, I've tried!

Anyway, I was in charge of decorating for the Xmas Creche at church this week. It took nearly 20 hours and would have taken a LOT more if I hadn't had such AWESOME volunteers! It turned out really nice. I think we had around 80 trees, 200 poinsettias and 400+ Nativities.

This weekend we took our annual ride on the Santa Train to see the Jolly Ol' Man. We had a fun time! PDitty is asking for an electric scooter, and Tman wants two remote control Fire trucks. I'm not sure how to break it to them, but I'm pretty sure neither of them are getting what they asked for. I just have a hunch!

Here are some pix...













20 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

looks like you had a crazy-busy week! The CRECHE is amazing ~ you did a great job!! ANd the train ride looks like so much fun! My kids alway want "just one more chance" ...sometimes I want one, too. ;)

Wendy said...

Yikes! That Santa looks a little shifty. Cute pics.

Shaunie said...

Hey Niki,

Looking at your blog totally put me in the Christmas spirit! I'm dying to catch up with you! You can't leave me in suspense like that!!!

;)

Zappe Family said...

Cute, cute! What a fun day you had! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with crabby kiddos. Way to stick to your guns!

Brooke said...

I think I'm with PDitty... I'm not so thankful for people who smoke. I mean I love them in that whole charity way, I guess. But, hey, please don't smoke around me and my kids. It makes me sick.

PS EVERYONE in Europe smokes. They still sell ciragettes in vending machines here. Crazy!

Sarah J. said...

Those boys are so funny! Looks like you're train ride was a blast. We'll have to do that one of these years... maybe this year?!? Glad you had fun... you look FAB by the way! :)

Terra said...

Merry Christmas! What fabulous, festive pictures! Miss you!

Terra said...

Me again - would you please send me your mailing address so that we can send you a Christmas card? Thanks!

Katie said...

Looks like a fun time! But Santa looks a bit glum.

Schiess Clan said...

so cute! Looks like a lot of fun! Was Santa not so jolley? What about a smile!!?

TR said...

love the pics! I'm glad I finally found your new blog! I was missing it!

Anonymous said...

love the pics! and i'm with pdiddy, smokers aren't people...they're smokers:)

Melissa said...

I like the picture of the boys smiling away and Ben is so serious--is that his model pose? Great pictures though, all of them. The creche looked awesome--we love going to it and your hard work showed.

Charmayne said...

So cute Niki~tell your family Merry Christmas for me.

Kerry said...

The creche was absolutely gorgeous! Your family is gorgeous!

Evecall said...

Did you sing Rudolph like a sparkular this time for us? We miss you guys! I have thought about ditching our families and just driving up there but then you would have to deal with us and all of our crap---not a stress free Christmas! Maybe during spring break- you guys could come down for winter break!

Laura said...

What a gorgeous family pic of all of you!! Don't you just love decorating trees (well, you might be sick of it now:). I missed doing a tree for Kennedy at festival of trees this year--so I'm still itching to do a nice one! Sounds like a fun time!

austin and cherisse said...

Look at you festive little family! Go super nicki

Rachael said...

what great pics! We had the COLDEST experience ever on that Santa train. Never again, I tell you!! Isn't Christmas full of ups and downs like that?

Melain said...

Santa looks pissed.

We can be greatful for smokers, and UNgreatful for cigs. Without the cigs they're just people. It's the DRUG we despise. That's how I spin it anyway.