I'm gonna try to make this as nice as possible...but frankly, I'm in AWE at some of the things men (particularly MY man) do...
In the past week I have learned that:
a. while I was in Mexico City a couple of weeks ago, my children were left alone (no worries an 8 year old was home) while their father went running for 45 minutes!
b. church was cancelled Sunday (we had an inch of snow), so dad took the boys sledding. Tman crashed into a tree and hit his head-which resulted in THE BIGGEST goose egg I have ever seen and a trip to the ER-and was not the first, OR second, but THE THIRD child to run into the tree...hmmm...maybe find a new sledding spot or grab a helmet?!
c. my husband, love him dearly, let my children play with dry-ice tonight "for fun" and as if THAT wasn't enough...tried to make a "dry ice BOMB" with them!
HEAVEN HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
I just hope there are a LOT of guardian Angels at our house!
12 comments:
Jared tells me that he will teach our boys to play with fire so they know the 'safe' way to do it! I've tried to tell him there is NO SAFE WAY to play with fire.... I hope the same guardian angels that have kept your boys alive are watching over mine!
Silly husbands...I've often contemplated the going running thing with Mitchell in tow and Allison napping...just around the block, you know? But...haven't ever followed through. The guilt would be too much!
All of those things seem perfectly OK with me. Sheesh. ;)
One time shortly after we moved here, I really had to go deposit a check at the bank. Aubrey (who was under 2) was taking a much needed nap. Laurel (6) and Malcolm (4) were completely vegging in front of the TV. And time was running out. I locked the doors and windows, closed all the blinds and curtains, left implicit directions to NOT get off the couch, nor answer the door, nor answer the phone. I was gone for 14 minutes (WaMu is close)...as I walk in I hear Laurel saying, "Oh -- she's getting home now. Do you want to talk to her?" She had answered the phone AND told the caller that I had left them while I ran some errands...fortunately, it was a friend from NY and not CPS. ;)
wow! lol...that is too freakin' funny. and dry ice bombs!?! common loosen up, it's all in good fun, right?:)
Too funny!
This has nothing to do with the post, but I have to share this with you. At the ward party last Saturday, I ran into you boys in one of the classrooms where I was overseeing the waffle baking. I asked them if they were having fun and Parker said, "We're hiding from Scheris." Then Tanner said, "She's a bad woman." I had to laugh out loud and wonder. They were out of the room before I could ask.
I am glad to hear it is not just my husband.
If it makes you feel any better, my hubby left my kids (mind you ages 1 and 3 at the time) home alone. The justification.... "I was on the phone with our 3 year old the entire time"... nice!
Ben's antics do not surprise me, he is and was (as a kid) way to creative for his own good... sometimes! :)
Glad I'm not alone! Gotta love 'em even though they drive us crazy! And I believe angels double up when mom leaves the house.
BE GRATEFUL ITS ONLY BOY HAIR AT YOUR HOUSE, YOU SHOULD SEE MISS L WHEN MARC PUTS HER HAIR IN A PONY!
HE GETS BUSTED ALOT FOR LEAVING THE SMALL KIDS IN THE FRONT YARD ALONE, OR JUST DRIVING AROUND THE BLOCK WITH THEM ON HIS LAP.
OI
LOL THATS AWSOME. SHALYN TOLD ME WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE SLED...MY HUSBAND ALWAYS SAYS WHEN THEY GET HURT WHILE HE IS WATCHING THEM IS...O DONT WORRY KIDS ARE RESILIANT; THEIR BONES ARE LIKE RUBBER...YES AND HE IS NOT KIDDING EITHER! UM HELLO ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?
ETHAN ENDED UP WITH 4 STITCHES FROM HIS LIP TO HIS CHIN WHICH WAS CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO HIS TEETH. FROM MY HUSBAND TEACHING HIM TO JUMP INTO THE POOL BACKWARDS...HELLO!
Mom always said when we were little that if she died she wouldn't be lonely because we would shortly follow do to Dad's care of us. Poor Dad. It was fun though to play with Dad when Mom was away...
I'm laughing because my children were 2 of the others that sledded into the tree while with their dad!
Gotta love the snow. Sounds like you guys have been having a great time.
Post a Comment