Here we are at the "low-key" pumpkin patch (a stark difference from the $60 we spent last year at Remlinger Farms-the kids didn't seem to notice).
Here's P-Ditty in his $4 vampire glory, dressed up for the ward party...

T-Man picked out a Batman costume, but at the last minute wanted his face painted and went as the Grinch.
How fitting! :) He has actually been a TOTAL sweetheart lately! I've been trying hard to pay more attention to him, intervene in his fits before it escalates and be more loving in general. It SEEMS to be paying off?!


NERD-ALERT!!!
"Namaste"


Carving pumpkins-our good friends the Tyler's (Aaron was on my India expedition) joined us. It was a lot of fun. 


P-Ditty REALLY wanted to carve his own pumpkin and his overprotective parent (I won't say which one...haha) wouldn't let him. I realized later that he could have done it w/the carving kit. I guess there's always NEXT YEAR! I did let him carve his tiny one after I realized it was probably okay.
T-Man's is the "scary one" on the L, courtesy of Ben. P-Ditty drew the face on the R and mommy carved it. Ben thought it resembled Corky on "Life Goes On". LOL
To T-Man's chagrin, I got to help out at his preschool party. "But I don't WANT you to come, cuz you'll eat all my food and treats!" OUCH! That hurt! (The truth usually does.)
Preschool pig-pile. They were so funny and cute!


"Cheating"
Eden & TJ, dancing partners. Aren't they CUTE?!
Halloween Night..."The sugar high..."

P-Ditty couldn't find his vampire cape tonight. It seems it wasn't put away in its proper spot! I heard him say a prayer and then he happily said, "Mom! It's OKAY that my costume is lost...you know WHY? I had a great idea! I can wear my Darth Vader cape!" It was a good teaching opportunity about the power of prayer and the influence of the spirit. I wanted to make sure that he understood that his prayer was answered, just not in the way he had expected it to be!
24 comments:
FUN post! I love that you simplified and nothing BAD happened. A good reminder, for sure.
Your kids looked awesome! Glad you had a good holiday.
Looks like you had an awesome Halloween and I love the story about the corn maze. I need to remember stuff like that. Your family is beautiful. I am totally ready for red and green too!!
What fun! I'm proud of you my friend. :) I've decided I won't be spending $$ on Bubba's Halloween costumes anymore! Seriously...stage fright for the ward party, preschool party, and Halloween night! The cute little monkey costume is still laying unused. I had to laugh at your pics of Tanner as the Grinch! So fun! Thanks for helping out at the preschool party too.
I almost like halloween after reading this cute cute post!
Great pictures, Niki! Especially love the ones at the pumpkin patch- what a cute spot. Looks like everyone had a great Halloween. And yes, let's bring on that red and green! I'm putting my Halloween stuff away already!!!
That pumpkin patch looks like it should be in a movie. Beautiful!Awesome costumes! Pretty amazing - especially the face painting. Happy Halloween!
Fun costumes! Going cheap and simple is the best. That's what I always do and kids never seem to notice.
Bring on the Red and Green......didn't you just do that with "The Grinch" costume....so so so cute :)
Love all the pics. Isn't it great how so many people are tightening belts and helping kids see and do the same. What a fun Halloween you guys had. I agree with you too-let's bring on the red and green~I'm so ready to decorate for Christmas.
Niki Bennett you are hilarious. All those things you did and all the face paint and that was your simple holiday? I did about the same things minus the face paint and thought I was doing pretty good! And I LoVe the SSB title!!!
Flippin Sweet. Love the Grinch and the Scout outfit. You guys rock. I loved being your hometeachers in Provo. Just thinking back cracks me up. --Ryan Corless
O my gosh I love that cute pumpkin patch that is adorable!
OMG it was so fun seeing your pictures and reading about Halloween! I'm quite impressed with Ben's artistic abilities....Parker's Halloween face is AWESOME!
Tanner's so cute and looks like he is having so much fun at preschool!
Love ya,
Christy
Great post! Thanks for the reminder to take advantage of teaching opportunities...I just can't believe that was your simplified holiday! You always have so much fun!
cute, cute!! I love the pics and your fun comments. I'm glad that you had fun keeping it simple!
Who wears flip-flops to the pumpkin patch. Ben, do you think we're in California? :)
I love all the pics! Your kids are too cute. Christmas though come on Nicki we havn't even seen turkey day yet. =) ahh people like you, I love!
Ben looks SO funny all decked out in scout gear! Sorry ben - (Hey, I have that same shirt!!) Also, I LOVE your hair. I haven't seen you in a while. You look beautiful! Sounds like you had a great Halloween. Miss you too,
Heidi
Looks like you had a fun Halloween! Loved all the great photos!
I heard about your usual Halloween party. Kind of a let down that you didn't do it, cuz I love me a good party.
And I'm a little disturbed by the Christmas songs playing on your blog right now! TOO SOON!
Your family is so cute! I love the Grinch costume and Ben's boy scout outfit. Hilarious!
Grinch you are tocute, but wait all your boys are darling, even the big one.
omg your family is so cute :) i love your costumes, talk about getting into character! nerd alert made me laugh! :)
Post a Comment