Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Birthday boy...

I couldn't let my boy's birthday pass without a tribute post...I have been waiting all week to get around to finding all of his old birthday pictures, but its not going to happen, so I'll make do with what I've got. I've been running around like chicken with my head cut off for the past few weeks with PDitty's baptism and getting ready for the big trip (THIS FRIDAY!). Anyway...

I can't believe my baby is already 8. Where does the time go? I cry pretty much every year on his birthday because he is "one year closer" to leaving our home. We love him so much. He has brought so much joy into our lives that I can't imagine life without him! Pditty, thank you for being such a sweet, obedient, funny, loving, caring and compassionate kid! We love you!!!

1 month old...

1st Bday...
2nd Bday...
4th Bday...
7th Bday...I can't believe how much he has changed in a YEAR! It's those darn permanent teeth.
8th Bday...We were lucky enough to have Grandpa and Grandma Rowe with us on Pditty's Bday this year! So we let him play hooky. We had doughnuts for breakfast, opened presents and went swimming and then came home for spaghetti dinner-his FAVORITE!
Heely's...


This present was a HIT...thanks for the idea Heidi! :)He started cubscouts last week and is LOVING it! It was so cute last week...he wanted to stay and "hang out" with his new friends. It really touched my heart-don't ask me why, but it did! He's really growing up. I went and sat in the car for awhile while he chilled with the guys-it was fun to watch him interacting. Man I love this kid!

8 comments:

Jolley Family said...

I can't believe he's 8! Time goes way to fast. He's not much younger than my Maddy. She just turned 8 last November. I didn't realize they were so close in age! Maybe she'll be into a younger man by the time they are teenagers and they've both got those darn "permanent teeth" under control!!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Parker! And good luck Niki on your trip!

Zappe Family said...

Cute, cute. I LOVE the picture from his 2nd birthday. What a cute boy. I love that he loves his cubscout uniform too! That won't last too long! :)

Niki, good luck with your trip! Remember who you are and what you stand (and sit) for! :)

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day P-Ditty! You are one VERY cute kid! It brought tears to my eyes to see how much he has grown up - it made me think of my girls. Where does the time go? I am SO excited for you and your trip to India! I'll shoot you an email later!

Anonymous said...

WOW NIKKI! I can't believe it's you! I found your blog through Brooke's and I'm so glad I did. I can't believe you have two boys. You're so beautiful and young, you don't look old enough to have a boy baptized. I love your dark hair. Is it new?! How are you? You guys look so happy! Anyway, I'm babbling...it's been good catching up!

Rachael said...

what great pictures! I love seeing his grown up face showing in the newborn picture. I always wonder when my babies are small which features or expressions will become part of them forever. It's great to see that looking back. what a cute kid!

Good luck tomorrow! I know it'll be a great trip. I can't wait to hear about it!

The Dillon 6 said...

he's a sweet one, that's for sure. I'm so glad I get to see him at Scouts...in REAL life and not just blog life. ;)

austin and cherisse said...

how cute that you put a picture up of every year.