Thursday, June 12, 2008

Got Jesus?


I have had a couple of Christian friends express concern over my "finding Jesus" because "He is the ONLY one" that will help me find what I am looking for. I tried to explain that in NO WAY am I "doing this alone". I could NEVER take this journey to India tomorrow without Him. I am SO grateful for my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is true. I was really struggling a couple of weeks ago. So much so that I started doubting--EVERYTHING. I was in a BAD way! Ben gave me a Priesthood blessing, and I kept praying, attending the temple and reading my scriptures. I asked friends and family members to keep me in their prayers.


And it took awhile, BUT it turns out that what they say is true:

#1: AFTER the trial of your faith, come the blessings.

#2: There is OPPOSITION in all things.

#3: He DOES care.


For the past week and 1/2, I have been feeling strengthened and sustained in a way that I never thought possible. And I am SO grateful! This trip is NOT going to be easy, but hopefully it will be worth it, right?! And what a comfort to know that He will be there with me! I'm really looking forward to shutting out all outside distractions and really being with Him. What a comfort to know that my children will be taken care of, and that I will as well, and in 2 1/2 weeks, I'll be back, hopefully changed for the better! I don't profess to have found a "magical cure" to transform MYSELF... HE is recreating ME!


Have a great couple of weeks blogger friends! I doubt I will have access to technology, but I'll do my best! We fly into Delhi, stay there for 2 nights, take a 10 hour bus ride to Ranikhet, stay the night there, take a jeep into the foothills of the Himalaya's, and spend about 7-8 days there-I will not have ANY contact with the outside world, so no emergencies here in the States...okay?! Then we'll hike back out, take a jeep to Ranikhet, stay the night, and take a train back to Delhi, shower and HEAD HOME! I can't wait to tell you all about it! And I promise to take LOTS of pictures.


Please keep me in your prayers...it makes a BIG difference!


Oh yeah...and if you happen to see my children riding their bikes in the road with no helmets, playing at the park alone, or walking home from the bus stop alone, stop by the house and BEAT my husband! :)

15 comments:

amy germer said...

Good Luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

Wendy said...

Relax and have a wonderful time! Everybody loves you and is praying for you!

Unknown said...

yOu can do it

The Burtons said...

I miss your guts already!! Have the most amazing time:)

Danielle Weathers said...

Good luck with your journey!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting all week for this post..... I knew it was coming! I'm glad to see how far you've already come on this journey...you see, it already started awhile ago, your already 1/2 way there as far as I can tell. Enjoy and savor every moment. We can't wait to see you when you get back and are a better and refreshed you. You'll be a better mom, wife, and friend from your experiences. You'll have so much gratitude in your heart, just like I did after my trip. Travel safe, take wet wipes,purell, and a head lamp for jet lag reading in the middle of the night and picts of the things you love to remind you of what's precious at home. Peace be with you! HJ

Unknown said...

Good luck! You are going to have agreat time and I am sure will be so glad you did it. You will be in our prayers - as well as your family. Try to relax and enjoy this time! It is a once in a lifetime deal so have fun! I love you.

Zappe Family said...

You'll do great and will come back a changed person after all the wonderful experiences. I'm proud of you. :) We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You go girl. We'll try to keep Ben in line for you!

Melain said...

Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence

Best of luck in India. I'm excited to see how changed you feel when you come home.

Nicole said...

good luck nikki and enjoy the voyage! can't wait to see pictures and read all about it.

Corey and Lisa said...

I hope your trip is wonderful! I'll be checking back to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

Wish you would hurry and get back! I can't wait to hear about it!

debi said...

Hey Niki

Honestly I am seriously missing you and your blogness. So I created one too.

Check me at:http://www.sacajawea-sings.blogspot.com/

SO hope you are well!! Prayers your way baby

deb

debi said...

niki

seriously miss miss miss you

prayers you are joyful

deb
http://www.sacajawea-sings.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Really wish you would get back! I'm dying to hear!