Monday, March 24, 2008

SUNDAY BEST...

My mom taught me something several years ago that as always stuck with me..."We compare our WORST to everyone else's best". And how TRUE it is! I often find myself going to church stressed out, only to look around at all of the beautiful, reverent, "perfect" families surrounding me. It's so easy to beat yourself up. So here is MY Sunday best...Easter Sunday, before church.


It may LOOK pretty good, but let me tell you, I had the WORST Easter morning of my life! So bad, in fact, that I ended up STAYING HOME from church! I won't bore you with the details.
Anyway...here is what a "typical day" at the Bennett home looks like...







19 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

your kids look like mine act. I love "Sunday Best" pictures, but reality (at least in our home) is closer to your boys on the trikes. It's normal. I'm sorry you had a bad Sunday. I hope your Monday was better.

Honor said...

Our Easter Sunday dress pictures have Tessa crying for half of them, and Kate wiggling around for the other half .... it is hard. And during church, for that matter, my kids are impossible and need to be taken out (well, at least the 2 younger ones)... I completely feel your pain on this one! (beecher41@msn.com)

Unknown said...

Oh sista - I can totally relate, trust me!

Carson Calderwood said...

I love the play by play pix of the fight. Very nice, I feel like I was there.

Mommy Shar said...

Maybe I don't want another boy next. Sorry to hear you had a bad morning. Hope you are doing better now. You have very handsome litty boys even if they were being naughty.

Corey and Lisa said...

Love the contrast!! Isn't it such a lucky thing for our kids that they come so darn cute???

Kerry said...

Thanks! I needed a good laugh!

Sarah J. said...

And I thought it was only MY girls that bickered...

the family thorpe said...

I am right there with you, Niki. I have gone to church on Sunday's like these only to be leaving 20 minutes into it bawling, dragging behind me my 3 little monster kids .

Marisa said...

I'm glad that you always post about reality! I wanted to see the next pic of P's fists landing on T! But I don't really need to, I get to see a similar scene at my house every day!

Zappe Family said...

Great post. :) I see similar scenes every day in my home too, I guess I just don't get the pics posted to prove it!

Leslie Behunin said...

I love it! The picture perfect children then the reality photo's! I can just hear the screams and crys!

Balls Family said...

Wow...actually I always looked at your family and compared mine against yours and yours was the "perfect family" so it's good to know we're all in the same boat! I didn't even bother trying to get Easter pictures of the boys in their new outfits and Ray and I spent most of Sunday out in the foyer...we even started wondering why we even try to come to church since most of our ward has children in late elementary/early jr. high so it feels like our noisy boys get a lot of stares! Man, we miss our Rock Creek ward!

TR said...

What happened? The boys look great in their Easter clothes! SOmetimes Sunday mornings are the roughest for us too. Someone doesn't want us going to church!

Sharie McCraney said...

So funny and so true. Call me. I want to hear why sunday was so bad.

Unknown said...

Preston is very concerned whether or not the boys were real fighting or fake fighting. He said this just after drying his eyes due to a scuffle with his bro. I guess boys will be boys. Hope your tomorrow is better.

amy germer said...

what beautiful boys. I have a two years old girl. Too bad parents don't still pick who they marry. He he!

cori said...

sunday best. there is something so wonderful about getting our duds on.... with grass stains, and smudges of dust on our faces. and mis matched socks.

you are a cute family!

Terra said...

Your boys could not be any cuter! And trust me, you are NOT the only one who has days like that or who has kids who actually act like children! :) Glad to know I'm not alone.