
my friend jill's post about her son going to sunbeams for the first time reminded me of all of the wonderful firsts i've had with my sweet boys so far. pditty's first time in nursery, sunbeams, preschool, kindergarten, and now firstgrade, tman's first day in nursery---not to mention all of their first milestones...smiles, laughs, crawling, walking, talking, singing, i treasure all of these memories! it made me think about pditty's upcoming baptism this june. i KNOW that is going to be emotional for me. what a special day. it reminds me of a book my sister lent me...."Mommy, Do I Have to Serve a Mission", by Toni Sorenson Brown. available at Deseret Book (hope i don't get sued for this shameless plug). it is such a special book. i passed it over to ben half way through because i was blubbering too hard to finish, and he took over the blubbering (and reading) right where i left off...check it out if you haven't already. its worth adding to your library! happy parenting! TREASURE THE SMALL MOMENTS! i love my boys!!!
10 comments:
I get choked up to even thinking about Vale stepping on a school bus much less leaving on an airplane for 2 years (but I still think I need that book!!!) I just keep telling myself, "Live in the present, live in the present, Leslie."
Great reminder.
The firsts just get bigger and more emotional. Graduating from high school, going off to college, getting married. . . . It has been a big year for us full of much choking up.
I must be a cold-hearted-mommy. I have not yet been sad about any of these milestones. I am so excited about each of them that I wonder if there's something wrong with me...
We are scheduled for the same baptism date for our boys... although we're attempting to change it. nothing personal, just thought it would be great to have him baptized on his actual birthday...we'll see. ;)
I will always remember what someone in LL ward said the Sunday we blessed Mitchell. This family's oldest daughter was being baptized the same Sunday that we had blessed Mitchell. The wife bore her testimony and mentioned that it felt like yesterday that they had just blessed their daughter who was just baptized. (I hope this makes sense...) The wife mentioned to us directly that time would fly by really fast! Indeed, it has, in spite of all the crazy day-to-day activities! Here's hoping that Mitchell won't still be in diapers when he goes on his mission! That would LITERALLY stink for all involved!
You have such a great family and a great example to me always! Time does go by fast--I think I will stop blogging for tonight and go play with my Becks!
thank you for sharing that. i will check it out. and i am grateful for that sweet reminder. love ya!
I am heading out ot get that book today. It looks fabulous especially sense Tea's latest question has been "Mom, do I have to get baptised?" We can't figure out why she is so nervous so I finally just told her that she didn't have to and she could really decide when she turn eight. Thanks for bringing the memories back of all our "1sts" thus far. Kids really are the greatest blessing ever!
I will have to get this one! Hey Girl how are things going? I am missing your blogging. :)
Write soon. I know, I have now room to talk! LOL :) I am revamping my blog though so check it out in a couple of days and I will be finished. Hopefully this year I can do a better job at staying upto date. We finally got a new computer ~ that should help.
Hi Niki! Glad you found me on blog! It's fun to check out other people's blogs....where did you find the super cute background paper?? Love it!
Hey Girl, I remember you. Last time I saw you, I think you were pregnant. Yes, you can add me to your blog. I love this whole blogging thing. Glad to hear I'm not the only mormon girl who swears. LOL!
Post a Comment