Monday, December 31, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


if there is ONE THING i have learned through YEARS of therapy, its that in order to OVERCOME fears, you have to FACE THEM! so, today i climbed ON THE ROOF...yes, i climbed out the window over the garage (with the shutters), up OVER the TOP peak and down the other side to help ben with a light strand that was STUCK. i didn't get the strand down, but i DID manage the climb. it may not LOOK that high from the photo, but IT IS! i was scared to death, but i DID IT! woohoo!

so here's to 2008:
MY RESOLUTIONS:
*READ SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY
*FAST ONE SUNDAY A MONTH
*ATTEND THE TEMPLE MONTHLY
*STOP SWEARING
and most importantly.....
*******SIMPLIFY******* so that i can enjoy my children, my husband, and my home.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! so grateful to have you in our lives.

9 comments:

Mommy Shar said...

Niki- I just recently noticed you switched your blog info so that it has your personal site. I have enjoyed seeing current pics of your family. You and Ben haven't aged a bit, how is that possible? Your boys are so cute! Good job with overcoming your fears and wonderful goals for next year. Happy New Year!

Zappe Family said...

Wow. I still don't think years of therapy would entice me to get on our roof! You are a brave woman! Thanks for sharing your resolutions. I need to work on setting some similar goals for myself! Thanks for your friendship!

The Dillon 6 said...

let's hear it for therapy! I have put off painting my entry and up the stairs because I'm afraid to climb a high ladder and paint... how sad is that?!

Unknown said...

Hi Niki-
Of course I remember you - too bad our paths didn't cross more often in good 'ol Maple Valley.

Okay, so my cleaning lady is one that Bianca recommended to me and she is/was absolutely AMAZING!!! She came every week for me because I was so addicted. She charges $15/hour and she only does what you want her to do. So she just cleaned my kitchen and bathrooms, but it was soooooo worth every last penny for me. Ask Bianca or Lisa Miller for the number because I'm afraid I don't have it anymore.
As for my babysitter - to be honest - I don't think she is doing it anymore. She is full time in college and last I talked with her - she is trying to get teaching gigs. But keep asking around - I recommend you try to find older college girls and they will become gold to you. I seriously don't know what I would have done without Laura!
Good Luck and nice checking in with you.

Unknown said...

PS - I read your entry about your sewer system backing up - OMG! Seriously - talk about needing therapy - I would have DIED!!! You handled it so well, I am so impressed.

Anonymous said...

You left out make your own clothes, make bread from scratch, 10 year food storage (cause 1 year just is not enough), and finally pull a hand cart up South Hill. Just because

Leslie Behunin said...

It must have felt like you were on top of the world...being on your house on the ridge! I'm sure the view was amazing but YEIKS! You just broke the #1 rule from Girls Camp, never stand closer to a cliff than you are tall! Way to face your fear!

cori said...

your home looks all homey. love it. i am deathly afraid of heights. espech with snow and ice on top. you are my hero! happy new year resolutions girl!

Terra said...

Way to face that fear! You are braver than I am, that's for sure! Your house is beautiful - now we just need to see it in person! Good luck on the resolutions. They are great ones to commit yourself to. I'll let you know when I actually decide what mine are going to be! :)