Friday, December 21, 2007

FLASHBACK FRIDAY...

this is the picture i used for my Christmas cards in 1997. i had separated from my ex-husband and was waiting (impatiently) for my divorce to be final. the card read...
"I GOT A DOG FOR MY HUSBAND..."


"IT WAS A NICE TRADE!"

those were some TERRIBLE times that i would never want to revisit or wish upon my WORST ENEMY, but i have always found that laughter is the best medicine and this was just ONE time that it proved to be TRUE!

i wish you were ALL my neighbors, but since you aren't...how about some "cyber-cider"?! merry christmas my blogging friends! i love you all!

4 comments:

Terra said...

Thanks for the cider! What ever happened to the adorable dog in the picture?!? He is a huge step up from the ex. And to answer your question from forever ago - the girls and I love our dog and I would say you should absolutley get one for the boys but if you asked Jeremy...he would never have any sort of pet. Loser! :)

Leslie Behunin said...

I love your sense of humor! That card was perfect! You didn't send one to your ex did you? THAT would make me laugh!!! :)

Zappe Family said...

Niki, I love that card! So fun...and I totally love the overalls too! I'm glad that things are much better now! Thanks for the cider too! Yum.

Anonymous said...

I remember that card. I think that was a bad year for me too. I bet I never called you. I was so selfish that year. I'm still working on it.