Friday, December 21, 2007

as close as i'll ever get...at least in THIS life!



it will probably surprise many of you that i LOVE john denver!!!! (this probably goes back to my 90's era/GRANOLA phase...you'll have to wait for another flashback friday to revel in that lovliness!) he is probably my all-time FAVORITE artist! for our anniversary ben took me to a tribute concert in seattle. it was AMAZING! 3 members of john's original band were there. they set the stage up like the inside of a barn, told stories, showed original slides of john and still shots he had taken, and sang all of his classic Christmas songs as well as some other favorites. ben had the priveledge of seeing him live before he died and said this was just as good. i LOVED it! if you aren't familiar with john's work, i highly recommend GETTING familiar with it. his songs literally speak to my soul.

here are a few recommendations:
"i want to live"
"poems, prayers and promises"
"annie's song"

seattle times gave the show "back home again" a horrible review...were we at the SAME show? ben and i both loved it enough to want to go back this season! maybe because we didn't expect much...especially not for $20 a ticket!

I LOVE JOHN DENVER!!!

7 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I do enjoy John Denver, but I have to admit, I mostly know the record with the Muppets and him from when I was little. :)

Leslie Behunin said...

I couldn't agree with you more! His voice, his songs, the words, his appreciation for life and love of nature ....there is just something about him! I'm so glad you went and had a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a smile on my face for 2 hours straight... it was awesome! Four words for next year: Aspen, here we come!

John Denver rules!

Leslie Behunin said...

I was nervous too when I read the reveiws but you have convinced me. We're going tomorrow night!!! I can't wait!

Sarah said...

That sounds like fun! For both you and Leslie...we are BIG JD fans in our family. I saw him in concert two or three times, I think.

The Dillon 6 said...

Doug's a "modern rock" sort of guy and we don't share any musical common interests at all...but I bet I could get him to a John Denver Concert (were he not on "the other side"). His favorite song when he was little was "Grandma's Feather Bed" and it still makes him smile...

Evecall said...

John Denver? How old are you? Love your good pal Zak