Friday, December 7, 2007

FLASHBACK FRIDAY...

i got this idea from my friend leslie and i'm WAY excited about it! SO EXCITED, in fact, i can hardly wait until next friday so i can post some freakishly heinous pictures i found! its SO fun to look at old pictures, why not start a "flashback friday" post yourself?!

here you go...

this first one gives you an idea of just how much i ROBBED the cradle! these are photos taken of ben & i (BOTH circa 1978. NOTE: if you are doing the math, ben and i are 4 years apart, which puts ben in 8th grade when i graduated from high school-can hardly WAIT to post those beauties!)

gotta LOVE the dorothy hammel haircut here! and the sweet FLOCKED tree w/gold and red. GORGEOUS!

here is one of Ben-not sure how old he is here
here is a photo of me at Christmas (4 years old)w/my foster brother Joey. and how about that "MONCHICHI"? anyone remember those? what about the doll..."butterball" remember her?

12 comments:

TR said...

Haha. Those r great. U and Parker r twins!

Leslie Behunin said...

YEAH!!!! I love it! That picture of you when you were 4 years old totally looks like you now! You haven't aged one bit! I'm kind of serious! I love all the old decor too. I think I had that little monkey. Did it's thumb pull out and stick back in?

Carson Calderwood said...

did you post Ben's pic in black and white to make him feel older than you? J/K

Sarah said...

I hope Leslie steals this idea back from you. She's a major cradle robber too, you know! I think she could even post her senior picture next to Jared's seventh grade picture.

The Burtons said...

Those pictures are awesome!!!
I love the holiday theme....but I really want to see the eighties hair! Have no shame, post them all!

Zappe Family said...

Lovin' the flashbacks! Aaron was a senior in HS when I was in 8th grade, so our pics would be similar to your style differences. He robbed the cradle! I agree with Leslie about that pic of you when you were 4!

Leslie Behunin said...

SARAH!!! I can't believe you just threw me under the bus like that...aren't you also older than Jake??? :)

Melissa said...

The velvet yellow couch in that picture is just as awesome as your haircut! Love that pictures. I might take on the flashback idea--if I can get my scanner to work...

Leslie Behunin said...

Correction! I thought 'Sarah' was Sarah Jackson. Apparently it was my sister, Sarah who just threw me under the bus. It makes so much more sense now! Sisters! Yes, I was a senior when Jared was in Jr. High! :)

Bennett Family said...

okay, that is HILLARIOUS! because i TOO thought it was sarah jackson and i was thinking, "well THAT'S the pot calling the kettle black!" awesome.

cori said...

monchichi monchichi all soft and cuddly. i totally had one. i love these flashbacks. so great. you do look the same. so cute.

now. do you scan this pics in? i don't have a scanner yet. you'll have to let me know what kind to buy.

Bennett Family said...

yes, cori, scanner. i have an epson cx7000f. its a good one. we got a refurbished one at fry's for cheap and bought the 5 year warranty. 3 printers later, we're sure GLAD we did! they don't seem to last long.