Anyway...last night for FHE we were talking about what you could (faith, testimony, family, etc.) and could NOT (cars, house, toys, etc.) take with you when you die. It seems Parker has found a loop-hole...He said, "Hey! I KNOW! You can take your wallet with you if you put it in your pocket before you die, cuz when you get resurrected it'll still be there!" Now how would YOU respond to that one? I said something like..."Well, maybe we won't use the same type of money after we die, and maybe we won't be wearing the same clothes."
On another note...for SOME STRANGE REASON I have a bizarre, UNSTOPpABLE entrepreneur spirit. I finally quit teaching piano last year to de-stress and spend more time with my kids and no sooner had I done that, when I decided to get a business license and start an interior design company with my sister...after decorating a HUGE house in exchange for new porcelain veneers I decided that it was OKAY to be MOM and WIFE and not ENTREPRENEUR...no sooner had I decided that, when Katya came to stay for 6 weeks, Ben's dad came with his new wife, and then his brother and girlfriend came for 9 days. I was pooped and ready to be MOM again...when I thought, "WHY NOT START A 2 YEAR OLD PRESCHOOL IN MY HOME?" After all, my degree in education ought to be used for SOMETHING (as if being MOM isn't enough)...6 preschoolers later...mom going nutso with crazy 2 year old tantrums and moody 7 year old...out for a break one night, minding my own busines...Pier 1 has REALLY COOL Xmas stuff out..."Hey! I should get a JOB here! That would be a great break for me!" Me: "Are you hiring?" Lady: "Yes" Application...interview...Lady: "Wanna be an assistant manager?" Me: "No thanks. Too many hours." My shift tonight...cleaning toilets (I don't even like cleaning my OWN), sweeping, unpacking boxes, straightening, sweeping some more...thinking...WHY DID I THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA AGAIN? I REALLY WANNA QUIT, BUT THEN I'LL FEEL LIKE A TOTAL LOSER! Ben: "Parker was SO excited that you are working now. He said, 'Mom got hired?! OH MY GOSH! Do you know what this MEANS dad? I get to have breakfast at SCHOOL NOW!'" So my son wants to be a DAYCARE kid...all I can say is WOW! Anyone else have this crazy need to be a PRODUCER/CONTRIBUTER and then regret it? oh and P.S...i am making $9.10 an hour and on nights like tomorrow, when my hubby is gone, I'll be paying a SITTER $7.00 an hour. By the time they take out taxes and SS...she'll probably be making MORE than me! Seriously...how do I get myself INTO these things?! MAJOR NUTCASE...
9 comments:
Are you serious??? :) You make me laugh. Are you still decorating homes? Still doing preschool too? I'm thinking it's because you need another little one around??? Just teasing...I'd never tell anyone that for real. I admire your willingness to try different things though. I do see your point about the $$ from Pier 1. You should take up babysitting. I hear that most of the girls in the ward charge $9/hr., which is OUTRAGEOUS if you ask me!!! I LOVE your personality, you're great Niki!
your boy dresses so cool, and i love his name. my boy cannon, middle name is parker. i just think its hard to say no. and you are so sweet that you don't. i love that you help where and when you can. you are just being you.
love reading your blog. show us your pearly whites one of these days!
oh and rainier. thanks for thinking of me. love ya!
That made me laugh. I have a friend that works for Ann Taylor Loft and she said she'd hire me and for a second I actually considered it (you know... 50% off discounts!), but then when I realized that I have a husband whom I rarely see, two kids that I probably see a little too much (don't tell them that!), it quickly came to my mind that I'd be crazy too. Good luck! I can't keep up with you! :)
p.s. Why don't you just quit and become a referral travel agent, like me?!? Totally doesn't require much... just talking- I know we both love to do that!
$9 an hour? i thought i was being GENEROUS with $7!!! are these youth that are charging so much Jill? Maybe I WILL quit my dayjob! or should i say DAY-JOBS!!!? yes...still doing preschool and have my license for home decor...haven't taken on any new jobs for that lately though...atwood's house did me in for awhile! ;)
I just heard the going rate for several of the YW in the ward is $9/hr. and I just about died! Seriously...so...you need to take them on and give them a "run for their moolah." I don't blame you as to the home decor job halt. Did they move because of you?? Just teasing...I just thought it was too bad that you did ALL THAT WORK for really nothing, you know? Have fun in Portland. I'm hoping you got your schedule figured out so that you can get there. Silly hubbies.
One more thing...forgot...you are doing a great job with you Love and Logic reasoning with Parker's wardrobe malfunctions. :) Way to be strong. I definitely will need to work on that more.
check THIS out...i only get a 20 PERCENT discount...the same i get for being a designer! sarah...glad you think things through a little more than i do...oterhwise you'd be scrubbing toilets and mopping ginormous floors with a cheap mop too! not to mention taking orders from a 20-something year old. REDICULOUS!!!
jill...you GOTTA love the "love and logic" series, eh?!
Post a Comment