
its 12:25 A.M. and i am CRAVING a diet mtn. dew! i LOVE it!!! the nectar of the gods. and not just for the caffeine, for the TASTE of it! i know its not healthy, but it is SOOOOO good to my taste buds! i'm SO thirsty right now! if i just had JUICE or SOMETHING right now, but i don't...so i guess i'll go to bed and sleep it off.
another addiction that i'm not at ALL proud of is my swearing...not cool, but SO convenient! the words are ALWAYS there when you need them-RIGHT on the tip of your tongue! (hey, don't JUDGE me! i try to keep it in the closet as opposed to in front of the kids...) the other day pditty asked me if MY mom called ME a "child of misery" when i was little. "no", i said. "well then why do you call ME that?", says pditty. "well, when i was little my mom called me a little S, (don't judge her either...) would you prefer that?" says I..."no!" says pditty, who called his father a "parent of misery" a few days later...OOPS!
yet another addiction---staying up LATE! i LOVE the peace and quiet i find at night. i have NEVER been a morning person and can burn the midnight oil with the best of them!
BLOGGING...definitely a blogaholic. i love catching up with friends' lives and i don't even have to pick the phone up! (haha) you all know how difficult it is to get ahold of us. we definitely have a phone aversion at our house, with the exception of tman...he LOVES the phone! "heddo? oh just a minute..."
i'm also addicted to having fun! being a YELLOW personality type (see "the Color Code", by Taylor Hartman), i see work as a necessary evil and LOVE play time!
i am NOT addicted to laundry, cleaning or cooking. i consider them necessary evils and i am addicted to having them DONE so that i can have FUN!!! i HATE being unorganized and behind in my motherly/wifely duties because it makes me feel frustrated. i have to be organized and know where everything is. even though it FEELS LIKE i'm addicted to losing things. over the past few months i have had my car broken into and purse stolen (along with $500...grocery, gas, date, spending money for 2 weeks), lost my cell phone twice (fell out of my pocket while i was paragliding-which i am also now addicted too-at least yearly, and the 2nd cell phone was stolen last weekend on my girls' trip). i have also lost my mind SEVERAL times. MOMMY BRAIN.


so come clean with me...do YOU have any addictions?
13 comments:
Yes I have a some...learning new launguages, trying to skillfully paint like the greats, working in the soup kitchen, learning a new musical instument per year. Just to name a few.
Okay...I'm an organization nut too. I guess it's good though because...love my husband...but he's not so organized. I'm totally addicted to number/word games! Yikes! Nerd! I am also addicted to the Office and blogging too.
lots - diet mt. dew (although I'm trying to quit), driving fast, going to be early, work, work and yep work ;)
I also have an addiction to organization, which drives my husband nuts because he thinks that it is more important than him at times...clothes,shoes, handbags, are also a huge vice of mine. I have gotten some much better in the past years, but having two little girls, has made the unsavory habit flare up, yet again.
How many Christmas dresses do they need?
i'm addicted to love. seriously i don't know what else i am addicted to. i love diet coke. THAT is sweet nectar from the gods. and i really love banana's. i eat em by the bunch! i love to be with family and friends. i live a pretty boring life. when i think of it.
you are cool. paragliding? no way jose. i am so afraid of heights. like so so much.
oh and i am totally addicted to music. and gum. always always chewing gum. that's all.
My life long additions are sleep, childrens books and now blogging. Although I also go through a lot of short term additions like certain foods, TV shows, hobbies, etc.
p.s. I totally understand the swear word thing. Every now and then when I REALLY want to swear I'll say to Jared, "The old me would say $%&!## right now but since I don't swear anymore, I guess I won't" :)
Latest addiction - your blog! I always know where to go for a breath of fresh air and a good laugh. Other addictions - sonic drinks, pajama's, movies (which have been tough lately since Jer decided to not see rated R anymore...now I have to find a friend to join me in my evil ways! :)Other addictions include eating out (I don't like to cook so why not let someone else do it for me and my fam?) blogging, shopping for my girls, I am sure there are more...love you. Have fun in Cali. Are you still going or did the fires change your plans?
I'm addicted to staying up late too. There's nothing like the peace and quiet of the midnight hr. it's the time I get the most done!
melissa...you're AMAZING!! jill...hey. didn't get to say hello to you when you were over today. adrienne...you can NEVER have too many shoes. cori, you have GOT to try paragliding! i'm afraid of heights too, that's why i tried it! SO exhilerating. les, i forgot SLEEP...i am SO addicted to naps. LOVE em! and i LOVE your swearing recovery program. i think i will join. so clever and WHITTY! terra, we're still "goin' back to cali." can't wait. love you too!
ITS REALLY GREAT TO KNOW THAT IT IS IN THE GENES!! ANDY TELLS ME I HAVE A POTTY MOUTH ALL THE TIME, I TRY TO HIDE IT BUT IT JUST KEEPS COMING BACK. I LOVE DIET COKES AND COFFEE, I DRINK COFFEE ALL DAY, AND NO MY TEETH ARE NOT YELLOW. :) AND I LOVE STAYING UP TO CLEAN REAL LATE, MY KIDS NEVER WAKE UP AS I AM VACUMING AROUND THEIR BEDS AT 2:00AM. WE CAN THANK G-MA WILLEY FOR THOSE HABITS! "HELLS BELLS"
Post a Comment