(IN LIEU OF THE HALLOWEEN POST I TRIED TO DO (how do you downsize a picture anyway? i can't upload to blogger w/my new camera...grr!)...here is an update on my JOB.) but just a quick tidbit about halloween...it was real, and it was fun, but i'm REALLY glad its done! i put EVERYTHING harversty/halloweenish/fallish AWAY in the attic today. woohoo! bring on the RED and GREEN.
AUTOMATIC SEPARATION: apparently that is the POLITICALLY CORRECT way of saying "YOU'RE FIRED!" and i couldn't be HAPPIER about that! i tried to quit the other night, but it seems i have a problem w/diarrhea of the mouth. here's what the conversation looked like...
me: "hey i've been thinking a lot the past few days and wanted to share my feeings with you. i am feeling really overwhelmed right now because i have a tendency to bite off more than i can chew." her: "okay, so what do you need from me? do you want to just work 2 days a week?" me: "well, i don't really want to work fridays, saturdays, sundays or mondays, and also no wednesdays. one day a week would be better. or maybe i could just be ON CALL?!" her: "no, you have to work at least 2 days a week to be in the system." me: "okay, well, my other issue is that i LOVE working with customers and being on the register, but i'm NOT loving cleaning and scrubbing toilets. i do that all day." anyway...our conversation went on like this for WAY too long. (NOTE TO SELF: less is MORE. "this just isn't working out for me" would have been appropriate!) anyway, today she called and said that if you go more than 14 days w/o being in the system (like i am planning on doing for the next 2 weeks) AND miss the mandatory employee meeting that's an "automatic separation". all i can say about that is WOOHOO!! i was feeling bad for not sticking w/it when my good friend shari reminded me that i have stuck with a LOT of things...teaching piano for 4 years, working at a pediatrician's office for 5 years, getting a college degree and teaching 1st grade for 2 years...this just isn't my gig! i think that i love being creative so much that i try to find outlets for it w/o really thinking it through. what i SHOULD do is take a photography class or something. in fact, i think i will! care to join me?
5 comments:
I'll TOTALLY take a photo class!!! Sign me up! :)
And then you can figure out how to get your camera pix to upload to blogger! :) I'm glad you quit. Thanks for sharing such personal stuff. It makes me feel not so strange with all the drama I create in my life. You're great, Niki. Would love to come and see all the red/green in your house when you get it up. Have you started listening to Christmas music yet too?
SIGN ME UP!!! I've totally been wanting to take one FOREVER, and with my new camera, I'm quickly learning that not only do I want to, but I NEED to! I've been looking at online courses, courses through Green River and I know Kits Camera offers classes. Let me know if you decide to take one. I'm SO committed! :)
i laughed. you don't want to work any day of the week! seriously that made me laugh. just do it! say it..."i quit"! there feel better now? you are so funny. yes, i will totally take a photography class. that i will do too someday. after i buy my dream nikon camera!
You make me laugh!! As if being a mom, teacher, daughter, wife, friend, maid, cook, driver, etc. etc. isnt enough!! Enjoy your free time now, because when the kids get a little older it will be less about taking care of them and more about getting them where they need to go!! Love Ya! I think you are great at everything you do!
Post a Comment