
Ben & I bought season tickets to the Issaquah Village Theater. We saw "The Million Dollar Quartet".
"This incredible musical, inspired by an actual event, will take you back to the place where rock-n-roll was born! On December 4, 1956, at Sun Studios in Memphis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Elvis Presley came together for the first and only time. They rocked the house...then rocked the world! These four legends-to-be and the "Father of Rock-n-Roll," Sam Phillips, who discovered them all, united for an impromptu recording session that would be one for the ages. The musicians played, talked, played, joked, played, argued, and played all night — and were quickly christened the "Million Dollar Quartet." Part jam session, part bull session, and chock full of rock-n-roll classics from the 50s, this unforgettable new musical will have you dancing in the aisles."
I was expecting it to be mediocre at best (considering the fact that I'm not much of a 50's fan), but it was amazing!! The guys that played Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis were awesome. Ben also surprised me with season tickets to the 5th Avenue Theater in Seattle. Apparently if you are 30 or under you can buy tickets for $30! GREAT DEAL! Good thing I robbed the cradle.
3 comments:
I'm always impressed with how good those little playhouse theaters are!! Seriously, they are always so good! It's a dream of Jared's to join a playhouse and perform in one of those. I'm told he was quite the actor in his day (high school) HE-HE!!!! :) Thanks for that recommendation!
That sounds great! I love musicals and plays! Secretly...I wish the world were a singing world...How fun! I'd love something like that someday! I better act fast though because I only have 1 more year before the big 3-0!
The show was awesome... thanks for the great recap sweets. And Leslie - I can't wait to see Jared's premier in the next ward talent show! :)
Post a Comment