Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day - 2012

We had so much fun celebrating Valentine's Day.  Once again, I waited until the last minute - no harm done.
The boys and I dipped strawberries and delivered them to a few people in the neighborhood.
Ready to grub.
The counter.  Oh, and us.
Heart Shaped Pizza - thank you Papa Murphy's!  $7.99 well spent!
SO excited to open their goody bags!
My Valentines.
 Mom & T-man
 Dad & T-man
Mom & P-Ditty 
Heart Shaped Sanny's - courtesy of Pops (aka Ben-Ben).  Funny thing about that - the boys didn't even notice their sandwiches were shaped like hearts.  The trouble we go to...and why?!
I got to help out at T's class party this year. I love being there for fun times with my kiddo's. I dropped by P's 5th grade class after, but he was less than interested in my presence, so I bailed...hey, I've got things to do! (Like plan what we're going to eat tonight!)
The ever-elusive T-man, front row, plaid hoody.  Camera Shy...
Nope...still not gonna cooperate!
Missed again...he was reading a story to the class.
Bribery...works every time!
Reading to friends.
XOXO
Loot from school.
More loot from school.

I found this idea on Pinterest.  "Heart Attack".  The boys woke up to admiration hearts plastered all over their rooms.  I forgot to do it for my 3rd Valentine...sorry hon.  Next year?

Ben surprised the boys with doughnuts - I bought cearal...can you guess which was a hit?
 "I CEREALsly love you."
"You're outta this world."
"I love you and that's no JOKE."
"I CHEWS you" - for the principal, teachers and secretaries at school.

What do you do when you're in a "tiff" with your lover on Valentine's day?  Here's what I did...
"Valentine, sometimes you really CHAP (chapstick) my hide.  But after all is said and done, I'd still CHEWS (gum) you, because you knock my SOCKS (socks) off.  So let's get over it and DEW it already!"  It was well-received, even though he fell asleep right after dinner.  :)

I clearly had a lot of fun with CHEESY sayings this year.
P's school mailbox.  He's one creative kid!
Valentine's for classmates.  And I love that little ringed - finger.  So darn cute!!!
Thank you again PINTEREST!
So grateful that my big 11 year old still gets a kick out of these fun things.
Happy Lover's Day!!! XOXO

1 comment:

Marisa said...

So cute... and I had to go look at your Pinterest boards and wound up pinning about 100 things, thanks for the tips & inspiration! :)