Alas, 2012 is under way, and I refuse to wait until 2013 to catch up again!
We set personal and family goals last week - let me tell you, I cannot get enough of my boys. I have shed way too many tears lately over the fact that they are both growing up WAY too fast!!! I love them so much it hurts. My goal for the New Year is to be PRESENT. To enjoy the here and now, because today is the most important day of my life - and yours too. It's really all we have.
So...my resolution is to prioritize -
ESSENTIAL THINGS:
- prayer daily
- scripture study (read the BOM individually, and as a family this year) daily
- journal (affirmations, things I'm grateful for, things I accept, and who I really am - deep down, at my core) daily
- meditate - 20 minutes per day
- exercise - 6 hours/week
- clean
- laundry
- pay bills
- cook
- take care of my children
- lunch with a friend
- computer time
- crafting
- etc...
I also want to be more charitable - to act on a thought to do good, rather than wait until it passes.
This year I am committed to HOPE by expressing gratitude and practicing believing.
I am excited, scared and curious all at the same time, about what 2012 will bring. We are hoping it will bring a new addition, if it is God's will. And if we can handle much more of this fertility business. Round one of IUI - no luck. 2013 could find me starting graduate school in the fall. I applied to the Masters in Social Work Program at the U. Will find out in April whether or not I'm accepted. OR...will I become a full time teacher at the boys' school? The principal approached me last week about a position for next year. I never thought I would want to go back, but I have been busy almost every week substituting and I am loving it! The children are so sweet and it is so rewarding. All big things...all exciting things...will they all work out? Or none of them? This is where the HOPE piece comes in. Even more than hope, TRUST. Trust in God. In His Eternal Plan. That is one of the hardest things for me to do - to give up control. To let go, and let God. But I'm ready...bring it 2012.
T-man's goals:
(killing 2 birds with 1 stone - practicing BBall while learning spelling words, and reading, too!)
2. Clean Up
3. Play Basketball
4. Play with my Jeep
The phonetic spelling just tickles me - love it.
P-Ditty:
procrastination at its finest - he comes by it naturally. here he is working on his science fair project (separating solubles - sand and salt) the NIGHT BEFORE ITS DUE...chip off the ol' blocks - both of us! fortunately, he gets book smarts from his dad. this is one smart boy! and look at that smile - love it.
- think harder about classes
- be kinder to brother
- play with brother
- help brother
- work harder
- fast harder (this one traditionally HATES the first Sunday of the month and asks repeatedly, "Would Heavenly Father really want me to fast if I'm just going to be angry and rude?" We usually end up BEGGING him to eat, to no avail. The sweet boy has a serious Jimminy Cricket complex - love him even more for it.)
- cook dinner
- alarm
- South Africa next summer - a lofty goal, but if you haven't got a dream, how you gonna make a dream come true? (Make a chart to track progress!)
- Be on time! (Leave 10 minutes earlier than we think we need to.)
- Spend more time together as a family. (Nightly dinners, FHE, etc.)
- Less arguments/contention (Discuss during daily check-ins.)
- Read the Book of Mormon together (Nightly - chart progress.)
- More chores - help mom and dad with the house and yard. (P-Ditty: clean bedroom, load/unload dishwasher, clean up shoes in breezeway, practice piano/T-man: clean bedroom, garbages, set and clear table daily.)
- Service - one random act of kindness each fast Sunday throughout the year. For our first one, we brought treats to G&G Rowe.
happy new year!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment