P-Ditty auditioned for,and was accepted to the SLC Children's Choir last summer. {I'm sorry. I have to insert a story here - its just too good not to. So Mr. Woodward - the director, didn't want me to go in with P-Ditty. Too distracting. He said I could listen at the door if I wanted to. So I did. But it was really hard to hear. So I did what ANY concerned mother would do. I lay down on the floor next to the door. I was really sweating it. It was tough! We're talking, "I'm going to play a 3 note chord. You sing the middle note." tough. I could tell they were wrapping up so I quickly stood and walked - no ran - from the door. "How did it go?" I asked. Mr. Woodward responded, "We saw you laying by the door. People think I can't tell, but I could see under the door. There's a pretty big crack there. Anyway - he's in." AKWARD, yet hillarious.}
PDitty was so excited to perform in the Cathedral of the Madeleine for Xmas. It made all of the dreaded practices worth it. And we loved watching him perform. He had a lot of fans - Aunt Kay, Laurie, Grandma Sheila, Grandpa Larry & Grandma Christa, Grandpa Steve and Grandma Suz, and of course mom, dad, and T-man. We were so proud. They sounded like angels, and PDitty did such a great job standing still and focusing on the director. {First performace of the season he came on stage with his pants unzipped and his shirt tails hanging out. OOPS! The people behind Ben & I were cracking themselves up until they realized the boy belonged to us. It really was laughable. He was so angry at me for making him fix it he stood making faces like Napoleon Dynamite for the next hour and 1/2. You know that all-too-common phrase folks use, "You'll look back and laugh at this."? Turns out its true - at least most of the time. Come to think of it, there are a few times I have yet to laugh over.}
Anyway...here are some photos:
T-man really enjoyed the show!
Unfortunately, Grandpa Rowe had to cut out early so we missed the photo op. :( Thanks everyone for coming!!
No comments:
Post a Comment