Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude

Reading this article was the perfect way to start my day today. I have been in quite a "funk" lately. Struggling with some physical pain, emotional discomfort and a bit of spiritual disconnect. I was reminded that what really made a huge difference for me on my Leader's Journey to India was a focus on gratitude.


So, today I am grateful to live in such a beautiful place. The sun is shining, the sky is a deep blue and the leaves have turned beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow - what an awesome time of year. I am so looking forward to the holidays!




I'm grateful for friends - both long time friends and new friends. I'm grateful for friends that share my hobbies, interests, and beliefs; friends that encourage, support and uplift me. I'm grateful for the many examples around me of wonderful people struggling through hard things and perservering with faith, determination and hope.

I'm grateful for Ben's good job and the many blessings that come with being a stay at home wife and mother! I'm grateful for his support, encouragement, patience, love and forgiveness. I'm grateful for sweet little boys that love me unconditionally - for P-Ditty's love notes and T-man's affection - yesterday I had a medical procedure done and was resting on the couch when the sweet boy grabbed my face with his cute little hands and planted a big wet one on me. I'm grateful for the way they make me smile, laugh, learn and grow every single day.



I'm grateful for my parents and siblings and Ben's family. I'm grateful for a beautiful home, for food on the table, warmth, shelter and clothing. I'm grateful to live in a free country with rights, freedoms and priveledges. I'm grateful for the beauty of nature. I'm grateful for the gospel and for my testimony. I am even grateful for crappy trials that help me grow and learn to become more like Him. I am grateful for a body - for health and strength, for my talents and abilities, for my life on this earth and for a Heavenly Father who knows me personally and loves me without limits.

6 comments:

Schiess Clan said...

I am grateful for this post and you!
Love you!

Charmayne said...

Beautiful testimony Nik~thank you for sharing. I too am feeling the attitude of gratitude. I get mopy and down about life and our strugles. But all I have to do is look around, look at the world, remeber my mission to the Philippines and start serving others. Then the happiness returns and I feel grateful. Hugs to you!

MET said...

Love your thoughts...so seriously we need to do lunch. I don't have your info...email me...It would be great to hook up again.PS...I have your teaching stuff...it misses you;)

Kristen said...

Beautiful post and your kids are gorgeous. Your halloween shots had me laughing out loud. You are so funny. Miss you.

cherisse said...

O my gosh I love your family picture. You look HOT! I love your hair dont cut it and the color looks great! Its about time you updated your blog you slacker!

Maureen said...

Nikki-I just got caught up on your blog. You are such an amazing mother/wife! I live through your writings and love them all and see you persisting in hope and faith, it strengthens mine as well. Keep shining that light! Maureen