Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Love What You Got


For those of you that aren't "Facebook" frequenters, you probably haven't heard about my latest venture . . . "Love What You Got! LLC"

Every day we're bombarded with the message that who we are and that what we have is not enough.

Did you know:
  • that Salt Lake City (according to Forbes, 2007) is the vainest city - spending more on cosmetic products and procedures per capita than any other city in the UNITED STATES?! Check out Elder Holland's talk on this very topic: http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=0c996169b62fe010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
  • that on average, we view over 3000 advertisements PER DAY? Most of them touting something we "need"?
  • the average person receives over 100,000 negative messages by the time they are 20 years old?
  • that the cost of a breast augmentation = the average cost of a year of college tuition?
  • that the $15 BILLION dollars we spend on cosmetic products and procedures could feed, clothe, house and educate every single Ugandan teenager for many years over?

What if you already have everything you need to be happy? What if you already ARE enough?!

Its time to stop objectifying our bodies. It's time to stop comparing ourselves to others. It's time to stop being so hard on ourselves and to realize that NONE of us are "perfect". We don't need to have more to experience the joy God has in store for us. The time to be happy is NOW!

My goal is to change the world, one heart at a time. I can't do it alone - but together we can BE THE CHANGE! We can find true joy and contentment by learning to love ourselves and our lives RIGHT NOW, just the way they are.

I am conducting a FREE SEMINAR on self worth in October. If you are in the area and would like to attend, let me know. All I ask in exchange is your feedback. Come and be the first to read the book I just sent to the printers LAST NIGHT, learn a little bit about your worth, and enjoy the company of other great women. I'm sure there will be FOOD involved as well. Because hey, what's a gathering of women without FOOD?!

Learning is a process, not an event, and the journey is just beginning!


6 comments:

debi said...

Sounds great! Plane fare also free ? :) Way to go Niki B.!

Sarah J. said...

I am so, so proud of you! Way to take a passion and use it for GOOD. We'll be supporting you the whole way!

Amber said...

I am so excited to hear more about what you are doing and to see more of your book! Your amazing:)

Brooke said...

You're awesome Niki! I wish I could be there.

Christine said...

I still want to do this! But I guess without a voice it won't be happening soon.

Bennett Family said...

Christine - Marge (my voice) is getting better every day. Would love to present if you can get a group together. Let me know! :)
xoxo