Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School!

I've been meaning to catch up on the Bennett happenings for the past 8 months. Forget-about-it! I'm just going to start fresh.

Parker started FOURTH GRADE this year, and Tanner is in Kindergarten. The waterworks have been flowing all morning.


I was so not expecting that. After all the fighting this summer, I thought I was READY! Not-so-much. My BABY is in kindergarten!!!!!! How did that happen???

To top it off, P-Ditty went to 4th grade camp this morning. FOURTH GRADE CAMP - what is THAT?! Who sends a fourth grader off to camp for 2 nights and 3 days without a parent?! I do. That's who. When I saw the form come home last spring I thought, 'There is NO WAY I would send my child!' He came home the 2nd day of school last week and told me that he was one of three in his class (his teacher had them raise their hands) not going, and that he was going to have to spend the 3 days in another teacher's room doing homework. "95% of the kids are going mom." Those are some tough stats. After talking to Ben (who also went to 4th grade camp), I conceded. He left this morning all smiles. Here's to hoping he comes HOME smiling!

Doughnuts - a back to school tradition (courtesy of dad). "Happy first day of school! Happy first day of school! Happy first day of Kindergarten/4th grade, Happy first day of school!"








First day of Kindergarten . . .














6 comments:

Marisa said...

How funny is that picture of your makeup streaks! I wonder if I'll cry tomorrow... maybe I'll have to dig out the waterproof mascara. Tanner looks so little still but Parker looks more grown-up to me. What are you going to do with your free time? I'm jealous! I miss you!

debi said...

Ah man, we miss you guys! Love the photos, sweeties.

Camille said...

It was great to see the pics - the kids are growing up! I remember the 4th grade camp too, but ours was at least in the spring when we knew the kids in our class - hope it went well!

Terra said...

I don't know if your boys could get any cuter! And I am so glad to know I am not the only mom who still cries on the first day of schol. :)

Maureen said...

Such an amazing mom!

Charmayne said...

Your back-yay! Cute pics.