Thursday, April 2, 2009

tom foolery...

I LOVE April Fools Day! It's one of my favorite holidays. But this year I didn't have a thing planned. I even reminded Ben about it a few days before. I woke up suspecting nothing and rolled my eyes when I saw the evidence of saran wrap on the toilet, on the car door and on the door to the garage. "Dad's not very good at playing tricks, is he guys?!", I say to the kids as I get in the car and take a BIG swig out of my water battle...SALTWATER...Yuck!!! He got me! I texted him "Game On-Watch your back."

After I returned from the gym I called his admin at work and we started plotting. I made THIS:


and emailed it to her. She printed several copies and put them up in every elevator, in the lobby and all over Ben's office.
GOTCHA BACK!




I've been getting "Family Fun" magazine for 8 years and FINALLY pulled a prank on the kids too! Since it was a special occasion we had DESSERT first! Mmm...cupcakes! Meatloaf and mashpotato cupcakes!






And for dinner (dessert)...Jolly Rancher Taffy peas, frosting with caramel sauce (forgot the icecream...oops!) and cocoa pebble/marshmallow meat! I think their expressions say it all...







WHAT A FUN DAY!

12 comments:

Amber said...

OK that is hilarious! You're going to raise some great pranksters.

Schiess Clan said...

You are hilarious! I thought of you on April Fools, you always do something fun! I love the boys faces... esp. Tanner-- so bitter!

When ya'all coming to UT?? Maybe for my dad's farewell?

Sharie McCraney said...

SO GREAT!!!!! I'm using it next year.

TR said...

How fun! I LOVE Tanner's expressions. I'll have to try that great dinner idea on my kids next year.

Anonymous said...

that is so funny! i haven't laughed that hard at a blog in a long time!:)

The Burtons said...

That is awesome!! I am not that brave. Adam would never let me live it down without some serious retaliation. You rock!!

Rachael said...

those are all great!! I thought it'd be really funny to switch the girls in their beds in the middle of the night and giggled through the whole thing. unfortunately, Lydia woke up in the middle of the night and did NOT think it was funny. We had to switch them back. I made noodles for breakfast and ellie wasn't amused. Oh, well!!

Laura said...

That's so great! I should do that to my family next year! The meat looks so real??!! Great Idea! and the pic of Ben is very classy...i'm sure he loved it :)! Thanks for you comments about the heart, I would love to talk to you. I will call you in a few days, I am going to start to spend the night there, and I've been there all day now, and phones of off of course, so hopefully when she comes home but I'd love to hear how how your little guy did and how its affected him! Thanks for the support!

Nichole said...

I loved it! Tanner has such funny expressions!

austin and cherisse said...

Nice picture of your hubby...now thats what I call H.O.T. hot!

The Dillon 6 said...

it is my very favorite magazine. I just love it. And their faces are hiLARious!!

Susan said...

I totally want your recipes! What a hoot!