NOVEMBER:
I debated whether or not to publish this post because it is extremely personal, but then I decided that even if it helped ONE person learn, grow or have hope through their personal trials that it would be worth the risk of sharing. I had some blood screening done in preparation for some fertility treatments and my Hep C antibody screening came back positive. I was obviously very concerned. I knew a girl growing up that got Hep C from a boyfriend and died from it several years later. The nurse said there was a high possibility that it was a false-positive b/c of my lifestyle, but because my ex-husband was premiscuous, I knew there was no guarantee. I think the easiest way to relate my experiences is through sharing a couple of journal entries:
"I received word from my Reproductive Endocrinologist today that my blood screening antibody test came back with a positive Hepatitis C antibody and I have to be tested for Hep C, a potentially life threatening disease, for which there is no cure. I have been on a roller coaster of emotions all day, but overall I am pleased with the way I am handling it. My Patriarchal Blessing promises me health and strength and that I will live my life in comfort. I know the Lord has a great work for me to do, and I will trust in Him, to whom my life belongs."
I had a blessing that night that gave me a great deal of comofort and I was suprised by how blessed I felt in spite of my concerns. I left a couple of days later for Mexico City to attend my cousin's wedding. On the plane I wrote: "I'm in Atlanta on my way to Mexico City. Funny thing-I wasn't a bit stressed about the flight w/my concerns now over Hep C. It's been a roller coaster of emotions for sure! Yesterday was very rough. I didn't sleep well the night before and all day I felt "dirty" like I was contaminating everyone and everything around me. I spent the day playing w/TJ and enjoying his company. Ben & I went to the temple to do sealings and we asked both of our families to join us in fasting and prayer. I read a great Ensign article on my flights-it was about faith and fear and how they cannot coexist. So-I can choose to be fearful or I can choose to be faithful! Faith heals-it can move mountains. Fear is Satan's tool of discouragement. Ben read on the center for Disease Control's website-chances of getting hep C are less than 1%, of those, most are drug abusers, had blood transfusions/blood product prior to 1992, or have body piercings or tatoos with infected needles. 15-25% of people infected spontaneously heal, and 1-5% die from the illness. I am hopeful. I am prayerful. I am faithful. I am strong. I am obedient. I am blessed. I am loved. I am a daugter of a Heavenly Father who loves ME! If I am infected, He will bless, sustain, uplift and carry me through the trials that may bring. If I am not infected-OH HOLY DAY!!! I have already promised the Lord that I will be a more righteous woman, mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister, member of the church, neighbor, citizen, etc. I don't think I'm being punished, but this has really made me remember what is important in life. Family relationships in particular! I am going to enjoy my family more, and organize, work and waste time LESS. I want nothing more than to be permitted to live a long, healthy, righteous life and to be able to love and rear my children and to become a grandmother someday. I hate that I have to go through this right now, but I accept the fear, anxiety, discomfort and uncertainty. I am a STRONG woman! I can do hard things. I am commited to having faith and to redirecting myself when I forget to be faithful."
JOURNAL ENTRY: 11/27/08: "Happiest Thanksgiving EVER!!! I made up my mind that I was going to be faithful and not fearful and had a really good flight to Mexico City. It was a long, quiet day for me yesterday and I had a lot of time to ponder, pray, meditate and be still. It was very spritual and very healing. I made a commitment to be faithful, and to redirect myself whenever I wasn't. We went to a cathedral and to the pyramids. I had a fun day, and I had a couple of dark moments as I pondered over the blood tests, but I quickly redirected myself and remembered that I was making a choice-I can be faithful or fearful-I choose to be faithful! When I got back to the hotel my mom said she had some good news-that Ben had called and said the preliminary tests were negative. I totally cried. Such a burden was lifted. I felt so blessed. I also felt proud and grateful for the way I handled things this week. I KNOW my Father lives!!!
JOUNRAL ENTRY: 11/30; "I'm so grateful for the possibilities that my trip to India opened up for me! I would never have taken a journey like this before! There is a beautiful world out there, and I want to see it all!!! I'm excited to see my family and to get home tomorrow, AND I'm a bit nervous to get my final test results, but I can handle it-FAITH, not fear!"
I came home Monday night and received the WONDERFUL news that my test results came back NEGATIVE! I am so blessed. And I am grateful for the experiences, learning and growth that the last week have provided me.
Here are some photos from my trip to Mexico. My cousin has lived there for several years and married a beautiful girl. It was BY FAR, the funnest wedding I have EVER been to! The festivities began at 8 p.m. and ended with breakfast at around 3 a.m. The really know how to PARTY! There was a live band, and every hour there was some kind of crazy line dance complete with props. Talk about FUN!
ALTAR BOYS...


















17 comments:
Beautiful post! You're such an inspiration! :)
I agree with Kerry! So glad everything turned out well. Looks like a GREAT trip to Mexico.
I am coming with you next time!
Oh Honey, I just want to give you a BIG HUG! What a strong woman you are. It's not easy to find a person who's cool AND spiritual. I knowing that someone like you is in the world makes me smile a little bigger. I'm so glad everything is OK.
BTW, your hair is looking really good! I like it this length. :)
Glad you're back to blogging! Nice Mexico pics. I hope I can go there someday! Trials like the one you had ALWAYS increase our faith if we want them too. Good for you for posting that and getting through it the best way!
So grateful to have you back and blogging. Your post was beautiful and so well written. I love what you wrote about faith and fear, etc. Mexico looked like a blast! What a great memory. You are an inspiration, my friend. Love you.
P.S. If you ever need to talk, cry, scream about the fertility road...call me. So been there!
How have you gotten so small??? Please give me your secret! Keep going in your journey, that's what matters!
Cynthia
Thank you for sharing such a personal experience. I send you many good vibes for a great 09!
So happy all is well. Looks like you had a great time.
Glad you're back. I had a crazy week last week............is yours anygood this week?? We can try to get together.
You continue to amaze me!!! You are strong, beautiful and utterly amazing. Too bad we aren't related, I can still call you sis right?? I am so glad you are okay and back. I missed ya!
yes, thank you for posting. You ARE strong and an inspiration. I am SO VERY GLAD you had such a great time and are okay.
I love your Mexico City pictures, what an amazing trip, and I'm SO glad you made it through your Hep C scare without losing it and without having the disease!!!
You are an amazing writer!Thank you for sharing; it is so fun to get to know you better after all these years. You are so strong and insightful and healthy. YEAH! Sending you all my best.
Oh wow!!! What a difficult time!! How horrible to hear of that possibility, that is so hard! I am sorry that you had to go through that but SO HAPPY about the results!! You are so strong, I love your journal entry, you are amazing and you proved it! Congrats on a long long happy life! What a fun wedding and you look beautiful!!
you really are an inspiration. you're so strong. thank you for sharing it with us, i needed to read this.
ps. i love your hat.
Love the dancing pics from Mexico. :) You are amazing, seriously my dear. Love ya.
Post a Comment