2nd Graders RULE!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
back to SKOOL...
PDitty started 2nd grade today! After the traditional doughnut breakfast we headed out to door-to his chagrin. He's all about riding the bus, but since we requested a class change we didn't know who his teacher was until we got to the school. We felt like we needed to make sure he got to the right classroom. He was okay with dad going, but did NOT want me to go. (I was in my running clothes and he was embarassed.) He said, "Uh, mom, I thought you were just going to wear regular clothes, like jeans and a sweatshirt." Then he had a brilliant suggestion: "Dad, I think only one parent should take me to school." Ben: "Okay. Mom will take you and I'll go to work." Pditty: "No, I think only the parent that is dressed nice should take me." Poor kid. But he got over it and his teacher is WONDERFUL! I couldn't be happier with her. I KNEW I would be one of "those parents". You know, the PICKY, protective ones?! Especially after having taught in the public school system for 2 years.
2nd Graders RULE!
ENOUGH PICTURES MOM!
He wasn't too sure about this. He is in a looping class so all of other the students were familiar with one another as well as the teacher. I feel confident, however, that he will have a GREAT year!
2nd Graders RULE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
too funny! that kid cracks me up! i think as mom's we have a big red M printed on our foreheads that will forever tain us as not being cool. don't worry you're always cool in my book, even in your running clothes.
ps. when are we going to take pictures at that cool graffiti wall? or at least tell me where it's at. i'm dieing to know...
well he looked way too cool to have you crampin' his style Niki!!!
Your kids are hilarious.
With a cool shirt like that, you had no choice but to stay behind! He looks too cool to be so cute!!! You are so nice to agree to his demands, I would have been right there causing major embarrasment. :)
I'm so excited they are in the same class. I asked Preston if he saw Parker at recess. He is too involved in wall ball. Maybe today he will pay more attention.
What a cute kid! I love his name (it's my maiden name)! I'll have to pick your brain next year about teachers. I heard that there is a few in 2nd grade that aren't as good as others. Glad they honored your request to change.
Funny, funny boy! I'm glad that you got a teacher you're excited about. Hurray for back-to-school!
That's adorable. He's so cute!
I can't believe that school has started already. He looks super cute, as always.
What a handsome looking boy. Hopefully He'll save room for Jozie. Those two together seem like they'd have a relationship like us. A little too crazy! It wouldn't get boring that's for sure.
Isn't this a great time to get on the comp.? I love the peace
I'm still laughing at Aug 22 post. I just left a note for my sister christy to read it. As i was making Mac n cheese I thought of his prayer and had to laugh.
Of COURSE he'll have a great year! I love the first day of school. They're so dang excited in their tiny new clothes...
Girl that sounds all to fimilar of a conversation about the "proper clothes" at least your's waited until 2nd mine started at pre-k!! Miss u!!
i love the untied shoes!
I embarassed Laurel once by wearing some slippers that were more like soft clogs to the store. She was in pre-K and I thought she would melt into the floor when she realized...
How cute!!! Um hello why are you taking shalyn to all those pretty places...if you keep it up she will never move back...HELLO!! : )
luv your blog...am one of Laura Andrews friends and looking for a good blog format to do for my family...thx for letting me look:)
Post a Comment