Nanda Devi-the highest peak in the Indian Himalayas...(Johnny Mac's photo)
JM's photo...
JM's photo...
God's creativity...(JM's photo)

Moss...?!
"Phurkiya..."
"Hotel"...
Indian Graffiti...(Ginny's photo)
Me, looking "skeptical" while assessing the river crossing with Johnny K...(JM's photo)
JM's photo...
I did it! (JM's photo)
JM's photo...
I did it! (JM's photo)
JOURNAL ENTRY: "Welcome to Zero Point! It was a long, hard hike-probably the toughest yet-very steep terrain. We crossed rivers a few times-one of them was quite challenging. Johnny K. helped me assess the risks and formulate a plan and it really helped a lot."
Are we THERE yet? (JM's photo)
JM's photo...
Sheep (they looked like head lice from far away because there were SO many of them!) JM's photo...
JM's photo...
Sheep (they looked like head lice from far away because there were SO many of them!) JM's photo...
RAM (JM's photo)...I love this picture!
More wildlife-JM's photo...
More wildlife-JM's photo...
Baba Ji's temple...
The "Trident" is a sign for a holy man...
Another holy man...
Is he sticking his tongue out at me on PURPOSE?
Baba Ji-this guy is amazing. He left home at 15 to become a holy man and when his parents found him he agreed to stay until he was 18. He has been living at zero point for 19 years. He never lays horizontal and only sleeps about 2 hours a day. He meditates, prays and serves others all day long. He made all of our meals and was the BEST cook on the journey hands down. We told him if he ever decides to give up being a holy man he ought to open a restraunt. The fried potatoes he made were the best I have EVER had. I wish Ben has tried them-I'm sure he would be able to replicate them. He's a great cook too.
The red tents belonged to some researchers...(Aaron's picture)
View's from Baba Ji's (Aaron's picture)...
Aaron's picture...
Baba Ji cooking up some GOOD food. His mac & cheese was also DELICIOUS! (JM's photo)...
Our happy porters. Can you believe those smiles? They are all such HAPPY people!!! Imagine carrying a HEAVY pack on your back and cooking for travelers for $10 a day...Mules carried the bulk of our gear until we reached the crazy bridge and then these guys took over. Aaron's photo...
Baba Ji answering our questions about the meaning of life...The only question I could think of was "Should I have another baby?" To which he replied: "Do you want one?" Me: "I don't know. Sometimes?!" BJ: "Well, if you want one, have one. If you don't, don't! Either way is fine." JM's photo...
Hangin' with Baba Ji...(JM's photo)
JOURNAL ENTRY: "It's GREAT to know I'm 1/2 way through this trip, AND its frustrating to know I'm only 1/2 way through-lots of mountains yet to cross-both literally, and figuratively. I feel really homesick for Ben & the boys. They are on my mind 24/7. If I could go home RIGHT now, I would in a heartbeat! It's Sunday today-I miss church. I pray that Heavenly Father will continue to bless and protect me, AND my family at home."
Our happy porters. Can you believe those smiles? They are all such HAPPY people!!! Imagine carrying a HEAVY pack on your back and cooking for travelers for $10 a day...Mules carried the bulk of our gear until we reached the crazy bridge and then these guys took over. Aaron's photo...
Hangin' with Baba Ji...(JM's photo)
JOURNAL ENTRY: "It's GREAT to know I'm 1/2 way through this trip, AND its frustrating to know I'm only 1/2 way through-lots of mountains yet to cross-both literally, and figuratively. I feel really homesick for Ben & the boys. They are on my mind 24/7. If I could go home RIGHT now, I would in a heartbeat! It's Sunday today-I miss church. I pray that Heavenly Father will continue to bless and protect me, AND my family at home."
4 comments:
Great post. We're in Park City for the weeekend. Call me next week. We're away for our 15 year anniversary. Whoohoo!
GORGEOUS scenery!
the sheep are so cute. Love the answer about if you should have a baby-(LOL).
I am in LOVE with the simplicity of his answer to your LOADED question, "Should I have more kids." I wish I could keep everything so simple.
Post a Comment