Thursday, July 10, 2008

INDIA-Day 8...

The two Johns slept in the tree house...Good morning guys! JM's photo...Quite a view! JM's photo..."The Pink Palace"-JM's photo...Doing some Yoga before hitting the trail-JM's photo...We finally got to wash our HAIR! Robert and Johnny K-JM's photo...Journaling-JM's photo...JOURNAL ENTRY: "1st day of summer!! Wow. I've been here a week now, but it feels like its been FOREVER, especially when I consider the fact that I'm not quite half way there. I miss my family SO much. I wonder what they're doing right now and if they miss me and are thinking of me too. Something tells me they are. I love them with all of my heart and long to show them that love. Yesterday was a full day. It was sunny, warm and beautiful, and filled with much introspect." JM's photo...
JOURNAL ENTRY: "Apparently the bridge to zero point has been washed away and we will be crossing another one-50' above the river, missing planks (our porters are supposed to fix them before we get there), and one handrail. I am worried and have to put trust in our guides to make sound decisions, and in my Heavenly Father to guide them and to protect us. I have felt of His love and support on this journey and am so grateful for it. I washed my hair this morning and did THAT ever feel good?! I miss my family-8 1/2 more days...ugh."

On the trail-JM's photo... Robert, me, Aaron-JM's photo... One of many beautiful waterfalls on the trail-JM's photo... JM's photo...First bridge crossing-JM's photo...Our mule herd-JM's photo... Crossing the CRAZY bridge-JM's photo...
JM's photo...
JOURNAL ENTRY: "The bridge we crossed...what can I say about the bridge...I crossed it without a second thought. AFTER I crossed, I looked back and saw some serious danger signs. I was immediately angry, and felt guilty. Why didn't I check it BEFORE crossing it? Why was I afraid to be the one to take a stand? Why did I have to play 'Tough Girl'? I shared my feelings with the group and after we got to camp John M. & I had a talk. He brought up the fact that I make it through a situation and the internal struggle comes up after. I noticed the same thing-the bus ride, the Jeep ride, and the bridge-I went for it, and had the same reaction every time. I'm not sure what that means-maybe that my "ego" is struggling to survive and my authentic self goes through with courage?! I do need to start making assessments before I make decisions-this kind of questioning is good because it keeps us safe. When I jump into something without assessing, I start feeling irresponsible, vulnerable, selfish, foolish, guilty, etc."
JM's photo...
JM's photo...
JM's photo...River crossing-JM's photo...

Me & Aaron-Aaron's photo...

Slumber party in Dwali...it was a SMELLY, but fun night. We played hearts and laughed 'til we cried. JM's photo...
JM's photo...JOURNAL ENTRY: "The trail today reminded me of the Garden of Eden-water falls and lush green vegetation. It was beautiful and made me feel close to Heavenly Father and grateful for His bounteous blessings. I am feeling a deeper love for Ben and a desire to be closer to him. I miss my family!!!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe how green it is. How beautiful!

TR said...

Beautiful scenery. And ck out that bridge! Holy cow! Crazy unstable-like in the movies. You really miss the things you have the most when you don't have them.

Honor said...

man, all these picures are amazing ... it's like nation geographic .. . I love it!

amy germer said...

Amazing country! So lush and green.