JOUNRAL ENTRY: "Yesterday could not have gone better. I came home to a spotless house, every stitch of laundry done and a handmade (by Parker) "Welcome Home" sign. I gave everyone their gifts and Ben and I talked and talked and talked some more while the kids watched a movie. I have not wanted to talk to anyone else yet. This journey was such a sacred experience for me that I can't put it into words-other than saying that it was absolutely amazing, super hard, and the best experience I could have asked for. I'm so grateful for Ben and his love, support, sacrifice and encouragement-I NEVER would have done it without him. My heart is so full of love & admiration for him. It took us 41 hours to get home. I'm EXAUSTED."
That's IT folks! Hope you enjoyed the journey-I know some of my posts were PAINFULLY long, but it was much easier to describe my experience this way than telling it.
21 comments:
What a nice welcome home! Ben is awesome!! Can't wait to see you guys. (And please tell P we'll give him his gift in UT. Never got it mailed out... :(
So glad you are home, and what an awesome trip, pictures, experience, etc. Now you have to take me on a tour of India....
Congrats on surviving your journey. It's something you and your kiddos will cherish forever. (Especially reading through your thoughts and journal entries.) You've grown my dear!
Wow! What an amazing journey. The pictures are amazing and I loved reading your journal entries. Kuddos to your hubby for holding down the fort and keeping the house clean! What a man!
I loved reading about your trip. I stayed up way too late last night catching up on your blog, and just finished your blog posts tonight. It sounds like you had an incredible time. I'm glad you enjoyed it and learned so much. Way to go, Niki!
thanks for sharing such a personal journey. I have a few pictures of Pdiddy at Cub Day Camp...
Little Niki Walk-the-World. I think you need a Navajo name. While on my mission the Navajo's caught me with my shoes off dancing around on the only piece of grass I had seen in months "The Playfull One". I think you deserve a name after this....... How about "Bridge Beneath Her".
Unbelievable! What an amazing journey. I'm so glad that you got to go and do it. Ben is awesome and I am sure that gave you a HUGE relief knowing that your boys were well taken care of. Thank you for sharing your experience. It has been fabulous. You are awesome!
I'm so glad you had such a good experience. It must feel good!
Absolutely amazing. Have enjoyed reading about your adventure.
Loved every bit of it! Thanks for sharing!
I am so glad you are home safe! I am so impressed with your detailed journal entries! They are so cool and very special. Now that you have done that, you will always remember your trip and what it meant to you. (I am so forgetful I should journal more) You are so great! Love ya
PS. You took amazing pics!!
I loved reading about it. Maybe one day I'll have to do that too. (and you can tell me what you did and how you got there).
Do you feel changed now or just deeper? how is everyday life now that you've returned?
you have such a good man. we're so happy for you!
All the LAUNDRY was done?! Truly, you lead a charmed life.
I finally had time to sit down and read all your posts. All I can say is...what an adventure! I'm so glad you took this opportunity and had so many experiences. You will never forget it. Your pictures were great and you perfectly captured so much of it. Great photo journaling! The spiders would have done me in.
p.s. Welcome back!!!!
Hi Nik! We looked at all of your pic's on Snapfish and read your journal entries...they're amazing! We're glad that everyone is doing well! Your boys are getting so big! Drop us a line when you have the chance. Love, The Crabtrees
Your photos are amazing. Suzy and I were talking about them the other day. The colors and images/faces you captured were great. You ought to enter them into a contest or something! I loved reading all your latests posts. Glad your home safe and sound and I hope you got all that you needed and wanted out of the experience. Life is much sweeter when you have time to reflect and count your blessings. After seeing so much poverty, it's hard to think the way we did before we saw things as they are elsewhere in the world!
Thanks for sharing something so personal with us! You have inspired me in so many different ways.
Hey whats up! Heck yea I am in are you kidding me. Wicked is awsome and I would love to go see it again! Any time I can get away from the kids and feel like a normal person who is not yelling at her kids in the store while they are throwing at fit; I am in. Lets start figuring out a date that would work for everyone. chat soon
Post a Comment