
2nd Grade...
I had Mrs. Resch (pronounced Reesh) for 2nd and 4th grades, so I got to know her pretty well. Memories from this year...Megan Darrah, 1st person, top row-she was my best friend all the way through 6th grade. Darrin Lee (top row, middle)-the COOLEST kid in the school. And he KNEW it! We ended up being pretty good friends later in life and he confessed at our 10 year reunion that he had a crush on me from 1st-10th grade. Information that would have been helpful YESTERDAY! haha. And who could forget "Kwissy Fitzpatwick"?! Bottom row. The most POPULAR girl -speech impediment and all-in the 1st grade. Not sure why-I'm pretty sure it was because SHE thought she was cool, so everyone else did too! We were friends, but she wasn't the nicest girl at the time. I think she got sweeter-and less popular-with age! I've often said I would prefer that my kids be the "nice-nerd" type, as opposed to "popular".
Do you LOVE my sailor outfit?? My mom got away with dressing me for a few more years and then I REBELLED! :) Love you mom.
Bottom row...ERIC GRICE. I Beat you buddy! I moved up a row.
I'm sure glad someone decided it was a good idea to print all of the students' names on the pictures! It sure makes things easier! Makes me wonder...what other GREAT IDEAS were born during my lifetime? Here are a few BIG ONES I remember:
- microwave
- remote control (no more running downstairs to turn the T.V. channel for DAD!)
- cordless phone (we had the LONGEST cord EVER so my brothers could go around the corner to talk to their friends and not be heard-very much like the one on Napoleon Dynamite)
- CD's (when I was teaching 1st grade I pulled an old record out one day-one of the boys in my class exclaimed, "Whoa! That is the HUGEST CD I've EVER SEEN!" Now THAT made me feel old!)
- antibacterial hand sanitizer
- laptop PC
- MP3 player
- digital camera
- rechargeable batteries
What are some of YOUR favorite inventions during your lifetime?
6 comments:
I'd have to say the internet, blogging, and scrapbooking stuff! :)
My favorite was the VCR and camera. We were one of the first to have one and it was black and white camera and you had to carry one of the 1/2's of VCR around with the camera plugged in. I'm sure my brother Hans was one of the first babies video'd with the new technology. Cable TV has come along in my life as well but I've got 5 years on you!
I totally remember getting our first VCR. My Dad had Larry Mosher, who lived at the end of the street come over to "install" it. Larry worked for IBM so that must mean he was good at installing VCR's!
We were forbidden to go near our first microwave. My mom (anxious/paranoid) was sure it would give us cancer if we stood too close!
However, I honestly think that THE BEST invention in my lifetime is SPELL CHECK!!!! I am a terrible speller!
Definitely cell phones that you can program alarms into to remind you of your appointments and personal GPS navigators... I would be even later and more lost without them!
The internet,cell phones, digital camera,MP3's, GPS system and last but not least Peanut-butter M&M's. Love the sailor suit!
On-Demand TV. And digital cameras. and, of course, blogging :)
Post a Comment