Saturday, April 26, 2008

a "SPECIAL" day?!

Maybe if ALL we had to do was "clean the house, shop at the store, brush our clothes-whatever THAT is, shine our shoes, trim our nails and shampoo our hair"! Who WROTE that anyway? We came up with our OWN version today:



"Saturday is a special day. It's the day we get ready for Sunday. We edge and mow, and we thatch and weed and we call it our get the work done day! We aerate and rake, and we stain the fence so we won't have to work until Monday." THEN... we "clean the house and we scour the garage and we call it our get the work DONE day. We launder some clothes and we shop at the store, and-here's where the song goes awry-volunteer at a food drive, and go to baseball, and fix the water feature in the back yard, and clean the house, and scour the garage, and shower, shave and shine and we put the kids to bed, and then TAKE A WELL DESERVED BREAK!"



At least it was SUNNY! I actually REALLY ENJOYED being outside and working with my family. P-ditty was a HUGE help and the boys got along GREAT today! It has GOT to be the sun...!




I caught two frogs today! Pditty & Tman (who actually held one for the FIRST TIME!) had a blast playing with them in the water. Poor frogs got their workouts for the day. We always have TONS of frogs in our backyard...so fun for the kids!


14 comments:

Charmayne said...

I agree with you 100%~who wrote that song? Seriously is there ever enough time on Saturday to get all the things done before Sunday. I question this every weekend. :-)

Glad you guys had fun in the backyard-those frogs are sooo cute.

The Dillon 6 said...

Saturdays ~ if we had 2 of them we STILL couldn't get it all done!!!

Kerry said...

I had the same thoughts yesterday...I like your version of the song better....maybe you can submit it for the next Primary songbook publication. :)

Leslie Behunin said...

We saw our first frog last week, too! I love this time of year!!

Terra said...

What a cute little Kermit! That entry was hilarious. I agree 100%. Who the hell wrote that song and what were they on when they wrote it? Your version is much better and way more acurate. You should submit it to the church and have the song redone. LOVE YOU!!!

Christy said...

At least you were outside! I left for the dance competition @12:30 pm and got home at midnight! At least I got to drive in the beautiful weather. We did leave on a couple of breaks during the day and it was nice to be out in the warm weather!

The pictures are so cute!

I still can't figure out how to post pictures on the stupid blog....I seriously need help!

cori said...

oh i just loved this. i can just picture you and your cute family getting things done. wow.. you got so much done. love it. and those are the coolest frogs!

amy germer said...

You forgot to put in there have fun and spend time with hubby, since he works all week.

Sharie McCraney said...

That reminds me of the song we made up from the tune of "From a Distance". We're we cleaning the bathroom while singing. Somethings ringing a bell.

Sharie McCraney said...

Hey Nik, I got your message but unfortunately we just cut our cell phone minutes in half so I'm texting a lot or calling at night. Call me after 9pm or my home 714-968-8608. I'm getting used to living like the pioneers. Love it!!!

Zappe Family said...

Great song arrangement! :) You should submit it to the music dept. :)

TR said...

I like your new version of that song. My kids love frogs too, and we usually have one that lives under our porch. They named him Hoppy. Hurray for the sun!!

Sarah J. said...

Can I get a copy of your song... I'm going to teach it to ALL the primary kids and mine too! ;) It's perfect.

Rachael said...

those frogs are so cute! And Saturdays are so crazy, especially when the weather finally warms up - we've been saving up all these chores and run around crazy trying to get it all done. We'd need a week of Saturdays to really get caught up.