Sunday, April 13, 2008

BIRTHDAY BOY...

We have a tradition in our family that Ben's mom started when he was little. It's so fun for the kids to sneak in and decorate the BDAY person's room the night before their special day.

My mom started another fun tradition in our family. She brings bday doughnuts to us, but since she is in sunny Arizona, daddy came through.


I finally learned my lesson and went LOW-KEY in the gift-giving department! A Leapster game, some Hot Wheels cars, and a bubble gun were JUST the right gifts!


HAPPY BDAY "MINI"! We love you!!!












21 comments:

Mommy Shar said...

You have the cutest little guys, and what fun birthday tradions. I need to come up with soon. Alex's turns one in just over a month and I still don't know what I'm doing for his birthday.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday little dude! Cute pics and fun traditions.

Sarah J. said...

Okay, super cute traditions! I might have to steal them... ;) AND I love, love, LOVE the last picture. What cute little dudes.

Zappe Family said...

Happy Bday Tman. I love your shots. They look so great! You've been practicing!

The Dillon 6 said...

fun traditions and great pictures! Your skills are improving!! :)

Christy said...

I love all the pictures......you did a great job! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER....WE LOVE YOU!

cori said...

cutest littlest boys. love the traditions! so fun. happy birthday big guy!

satcy said...

Love those pictures and what fun family traditions. Makes the birthday fun for everyone. Cute Kids!

Honor said...

I need to do some traditions for my kids ... that would fun to wake up to a decorated room! I'm going to email you one of these days to "catch up"

Charmayne said...

Happy Birthday lil'man you are so adorable. Tanner, 3 years old is getting pretty big!

Wow Nik~I have never seen you with such dark hair. It totally makes your eye color pop.

Terra said...

What adorable, amazing, presious pictures! I love the one of them staring out at the ocean together. Happy Birthday, T-man! I think I could use a lesson in the "less is more" gift area. I buy way too much stuff and then want to burn down the play room because they have so much crap!

amy germer said...

Love, love the photos!! Just beautiful!!!!

Sharie McCraney said...

You look beautiful no matter what hair color. I wish I could do it but it would be too drastic for me. I'd need to get a Michael J skin change.

Your boys are so handsome. My girls are going to be all over them someday (I hope not, they'd be robbing the cradle pretty hard).

Shalyn & Joe said...

freekin' cute little dude : )

TR said...

Again, I can't believe he is 3!!! And he is SO darling cute!!! You are SO brave to change your hair! I would love to go dark as well (that was my vote for you) but I don't think I would ever be brave enough.

Kerry said...

You've decorated your house so nicely.....oh, and your kids are darling as well. :)

Leslie Behunin said...

You're photo's look GREAT!!! Seriously, good job on ALL of them!! I love your new hair! I can't get over how much it brings out your EYES!

Love the birthday traditions, too! You've got two lucky little boys to have you for a Mom!

Sharie McCraney said...

Man Nik, You have a million friends. How do you know all these people?

Daina Crowell said...

HAPPY B-DAY, MINI! Your pictures are seriously awesome. I especially love the last photo and the one with both boys standing under the pier. You have a great eye Niki!
PS. I'm totally stealing your traditions too. That way when TJ and Sarah have kids there will be no questions to what traditions they will have with their family :)

Rachael said...

we decorate, too! it's so fun! I love the brother pics. such cute boys!

Shaunie said...

Niki, your photos are awesome! I love this one and the side bar photos you posted recently. The
SK8 and Sunday best photos are my favorites!