So Santa's "GIFT" is turning into MY NIGHTMARE!!! This dog of ours is the SWEETEST thing you have ever seen. So great with the kids. Doesn't stink, doesn't shed, won't bite, but...she POOPS IN THE HOUSE!!! We can't get her to stop. She poops in her crate, she poops in the laundry room, she poops anywhere she can! And what's worse, she MESSES in it afterwards! From what everyone says, "dogs just don't do that". Well, I've got news for you...ours does! She has had 2 baths in the past 2 days and needs another. We have gone through 2 PACKAGES of Clorox wipes, and my nerves are SPENT! Seriously...what do we do with our Waltzing Matilda? She's about to get a ticket to waltz OUT of our lives! But Pditty would be DEVESTATED.


Animal cruelty can be a felony offense, carrying a sentence of up to five years in prison and/or $25,000 in fines. The Washington Humane Society has jurisdiction to investigate all reported cases of animal cruelty in the District of Columbia and seize the animal if necessary...so doing her in, NOT an option!
My friend suggested giving her away and telling my kids she was hit by a car, and that "those things just happen sometimes".
I offered a new, TRAINABLE puppy, but THAT wasn't appealing to him either!
I seriously don't know WHAT TO DO?! Any suggestions? I can't bear the thought of breaking my son's heart, but I also can't bear the thought of cleaning up any more poop!
8 comments:
Okay, you should have had a warning that there would be a gross picture on there....I almost heaved. :) My neighbor wants to get rid of her dog as well....makes me kind of glad Jordan is allergic to dogs so we don't have to get one. Good luck! Hee hee!
Yeah, you're right - the "present" turns out to be YOUR dog instead of other members in the family. If I had a nickel for every time I have threatened to give away our dog.....
About the pooping - so is your dog crate trained? Because if so, I would take a few days and give your dog crate time every day. Like he spends 2-3 hours in the crate - let out to go poop in the yard - then back in the crate - another few hours in the crate - then outside for a walk. Reward all successful poops in the yard with huge praise and treats.
Another thing I just thought of - do you take your dog for a walk every day? Because he might be bored and have tons of pent up energy and that is why he is playing in his poop in the house. I know it is a total pain to walk your dog every day, but like Cesear Milan says - it makes or breaks a dog! Good LUCK!
And people wonder why Sharie HATES dogs. Sad but true I am not a dog lover and here's another reason to add to my list. The only poop I am dealing with is Alex's ( it's enough for me).
I say give the dog away. Enough with the poop. Your kids will be fine in the long run but you may never recover from constant animal-poop-pick-up.
Sorry...but I say keep the dog. I am an animal lover and once you decide to get an animal, you don't just give them away because they don't end up being as easy as you thought...would you give your child away if it took him/her longer to potty train than you expected? I don't have any advice on the potty training because I haven't had to do that yet...we haven't gotten a dog yet because I know it's going to be a lot of work and I'm not ready for that work until the kids are grown because it's like having another kid. Sorry for the strong opinion but Ray's mom would get animal after animal and as soon as they became inconvenient, she'd just give them away and most likely, they were put to sleep which just KILLS me. The example she set taught my husband that animals are disposable. I'm sure there are some books or something on the Internet...it's not a lost cause, just got to find the right angle with your dog.
Hire a trainer (and keep the dog). Good luck! ;)
Oh my! My mom let my guinea pig go down the hill and told me that she took it back to the pet store...so...well...good luck!
Aaron suggested to rub the doggies nose in it and tell him NO!
Post a Comment