Monday, February 11, 2008

if you need me, i'll be in the closet.

i found a safe, effective hiding spot from my kids when i need a breather (so as to refrain from beating them to a pulp). i have my bedroom door locked, my bathroom door locked, the fan on and i'm in my closet with the door shut. at as i type, my sweet little munchkins pound on the door and holler my name, but i'm safe, and more importantly, THEY are too!

even mom's need time out.

14 comments:

Sarah J. said...

AMEN, Sister!

Mommy Shar said...

Thank heavens I am not the only mom who needs a time out. I usually do mine in the basement stamping while Alex screams from his crib. I need a closet like yours. LOL You make me laugh!

Lindsay said...

Wait 'till they learn to pick the lock. I can't even lock myself in the bathroom anymore because Jack is very quick at getting in. I need to get some of those child-proof plastic locks...of course, I'm sure he'd figure it out too!

The Dillon 6 said...

oh for locks on bedroom doors. I don't know what our builder was thinking...we didn't realize until we'd lived here for a while. I think we were lucky to get locks on the outside doors...

Unknown said...

Oh I totally do that!

Leslie Behunin said...

I love the part where you say that it's for their safety - isn't that the truth!!! :)

Evecall said...

Nik
Cute pics, my you do have lots of looks, talents, personality! I think it is better to change than to always stay the same! Change=Growth. Sorry I havent been blogging I am still battling this staph infection and have barely left my bed for two weeks. Miss you and love you lots!

Carson Calderwood said...

Good idea!

TR said...

thx for the great idea! I'll have to try that. and thx for the joshua radin idea too; he's great!

cori said...

do you have room for one more?

Allen Family said...

Don't I know it!! I should probably put myself in time out more often. :) I'll be trying this closet thing!

amy germer said...

I've done that many times. Then all your angry goes away when they slide a little piece of paper under the door with a sad stick figure crying and hearts all around it.

Corey and Lisa said...

Thank goodness for bedroom door locks!! One time Jaden asked me if I would teach him how to break the lock on our bedroom door and I'm like YA! Sure, I'll get right on that...NOT!!! Good for you for taking some ME time!

Sarah said...

..I'll admit I've been known to stand fully clothed in the shower(not running). They always find me, but its at least 5 minutes til they do...5 whole minutes of bliss. Then I just pretend I was playing hide and seek.
"Quick... now its your turn..go hide"...and bingo, 5 MORE minutes.
Your entry cracked me up!