Friday, February 8, 2008

FRIDAY FLASHBACK...Who IS this girl I call ME anyway???











I like a LOT of different things...

MUSIC: alternative, punk, ska, blue grass, folk, hip-hop, pretty much everything but country...HATE it.

FASHION: i have been called-a granola, prep, classy (can you believe THAT one...try junior high, 9th grade...i was a real priss for awhile there), funky (yes, I wore 3 SWATCH WATCHES at the same time! i even used them in my HAIR!), bohemian, and matronly (i've given MYSELF that one after having seen a few heinous pictures today).

HAIR: llloooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg, short, and pretty much everyting in between, curly, strait, blonde, brown and even had red highlights once (NOT cute...take my word for it!)

HOBBIES: piano, singing, drawing, hiking, theater, comedy flicks, family, biking, camping, spa pedicures (i even had FAKE NAILS and went tanning once upon a time!), tropical vacations, skiing, shopping, paragliding, being crafty, blogging, home decor, just to name a few.

It seems as though I am always and forever changing. I don't know if I get bored or what, but its me, and its what I do. Lately, I have been favoring my old relaxed/bohemian look. I really don't like dressing up much these days. I grow my hair out long only to cut if off short, then get extensions to grow it longer faster. What is up with that anyway?? Some people find a look that is all theirs and they stick with it (some for TOO long...lavender levi's anyone?!). But not me!!!

I've been trying to come up with the perfect words to describe me and my life (taste/style/hobbies) and the only thing I can come up with is:

THE
E C__ E __ C __ __ C
C__ __ __ E __ E __ __

(see if you can guess it! and NO, its not "freak of nature")

24 comments:

amy germer said...

I have only seen you with short hair but out of all the pictures I like it short. You always looked stylin' when I saw you. I don't really have a style, I call it "what ever is clean". Make-up is reserved for church and special nights out.

Wendy said...

I think I've got it! The ECLECTIC CHAMELEON?

Wendy said...

Do I win a prize?

Leslie Behunin said...

Leave it to Wendy, the crossword puzzle GURU to get it! I got "Eclectic" but couldn't get the second word!

Whatever your style, you do it all so well!

The Dillon 6 said...

cute pictures! I love Flashback Friday!!

cori said...

this was so fun. i have no idea. i need to buy some vowels. lets play this more. you took blogging to a whole new level! look at you! and ok. so you are beautiful. i love cowboy junkies. one more reason to be friends. and the pic with cut off jeans, and flannel. i have the same pick of me. do you scan in old pics. or do you take the pics with your digital? i need to do this. i could have flashback everyday. in fact i will post a flash back soon. i just dug out my year books. stay tuned!

Zappe Family said...

What a great post! Is that to make up for the strike post before? I think you look so fabulous in your pics. I love your hair in the pic with Parker! (short and flippy...) You are such a great ever-changing stylish friend. I think that's why everyone is drawn to you. Love ya Nik!

Sharie McCraney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharie McCraney said...

You are 100% original. Personally I like the granola the best. Especially when you had the rainbow hair wrap. Beads or no beads? The stink needed to go though.

TR said...

eclectic something? we love u bc you're just u

Bennett Family said...

you GUESSED it wendy! and YES, you DO get a prize! stay tuned for details.

Sarah J. said...

I love this post, Niki! It's so fun to see how your friends have changed over the years. I think I've seen that same look on Parker's face from the photo with you in a plaid flannel shirt and denim cutoffs. I personally, like your look NOW the best! We all love your authenticity.

Kerry said...

The part that makes me sick about all of your pictures is that you look good in all of them....I've had some looks that are pretty dang scary! Now if you only had a picture of you hanging from a rope in an outfit like that lady at Teatro Zinzani (spelling?)....actually, you probably do in yours and Ben's own private collection. ;)

Mommy Shar said...

whatever you call "me" you are always put together and gorgous, that what I think. It doesn't seem to matter the length of your hair or what clothes you wear. I'm jealous!!! Glad to see the writers strick is back. I miss ya!

Daina Crowell said...

Awesome! I love the looks of Nik over the years. I was totally taken back on the picture of you in the cheer uniform, I kid you not it looked just like me in Jr High (minus the uniform). It was kind of erie, we will have to compare pictures. Love you blog, so much fun!

Bennett Family said...

yes, i'm back from the strike. thx for the love friends. cori, i scan the pix. can't wait to see yours!

Marisa said...

Wow, I couldn't figure out the chameleon part. Wendy is amazing.

Okay, so I didn't even LOOK at your blog (or anyone else's!), much less comment, so I feel a little better that I'm not in that 90%. Sorry for being such a lame friend!

Adorable pictures, and I don't think it's bad to change up your style, it just means you're open-minded and easily bored with the same old thing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Niki, Love the flashback. Please never stop blogging! I come here for the comedic relief and for the heart-wrenching experiences. Thank you for letting me in and for being so willing to share. You are beautiful through all the styles and changes.

Wendy said...

A prize! W00T!

AaronHeidi Nelson said...

Hey there!
This is so cool and well done!
I love the flashback stuff. It really cheers me up to visit your blog.

Melissa said...

I like your changing style. I am kinda like that as well. I never know what I want and sometimes regret the change. But its fun to try new things and have new experiences!

Allen Family said...

wow girl...you were tan in that last picture!! I love your flash backs, thanks for sharing :)

Charmayne said...

Gotta love the flashbacks-One my favorite movies is 13 going on 30 because she dresses the same way I did back when I was 13. How we all evolve is pretty cool-of course some of us need to get back into the cacoon and reimerge. LOL !!! Love how you always make me laugh when I read your blog.

Corey and Lisa said...

What's Wendy's prize?!?!

You are lucky you can wear any style and pull it off...some people can't do that!