As many of you know, our son Parker was born with a congenital heart defect (Primum ASD and cleft mitral valve) that required open heart surgery when he was 3 1/2. It was a terrifying time for us, but Heavenly Father was there to comfort us and help us through it. We felt so calm and peaceful when we saw him like this. He had an AMAZING recovery and was bouncing around by 3 days post-op. He is a healthy boy and we see the cardiologist yearly for follow ups. His valve still leaks a bit, which requires antibiotics before dental procedures, but so far it has not caused any other problems. We will have to see what the future brings.
So here is a picture of him in the PICU recovering (the day of his surgery-which lasted 4 hours).

Now HERE'S where the story gets FUNNY! I was going through my flashback Friday pictures last weekend and Parker found the "hidden" envelope with these pictures in it (OOPS!). He said, "Mom! This scares me when I see myself with all these tubes everywhere!" I calmly explained what each tube was for and he seemed fine with it. Later that afternoon, Ben put Tanner down for a nap and when he went in to check on him, this is what he found...
Yes, its TJ with a GLOW STICK taped from his nose to his ear. Which led to a conversation with PDitty about A. Why its a BAD idea to tape things over people's airways, and B. Why its ALSO a bad idea to interrupt a sleeping baby!
12 comments:
So I probably experienced 10 different emotions in that 1 post! I can't begin to imagine what you went through during those days with Parker. I'm glad he is such a good rebounder! I can't believe he did that to Tanner! Stinker!
I really got choked up seeing those pictures of Parker, I don't remember it being so bad....I guess the Lord helps us not to experience the full blow of things at the time!
Leave it to Parker to come up with something so creative!....I'm still laughing.
Ahhhh...That's great!!! Gotta love what kids come up with. That is just so cute. Guess he just felt like Tanner needed to know what it felt like just a bit. :)
Have a great weekend!!!
oh those sweet boys! I never would have guessed that he was a "sickly" child. Isn't modern medicine amazing?
And isn't it amazing that T didn't WAKE UP while his brother was cheating him of life-giving-air?!
From one Children's Cardiology momma to another, I'm so thankful he is doing so good and we are both blessed with such GREAT doctors. Cheers to Parker for being such a trooper!
So grateful Parker's doing well. I always loved seeing him in Primary! Miss seeing him and his faces. I have to laugh at the pic of Tanner!
That must have been the hardest moment of your life. Seeing the pic's gives me chills. You are an amazing person for holding together through it all.
Is the song "Only you" origionally sung by Abba? How do you get music on your blog?
Wow! So many emotions as I read that blog. I guess humor is the best medicine and obviously Parker doesn't remember it being too bad and he just thought Tanner needed to be a part of that experience too! :) You guys are so strong and amazing. Miracles still happen!
I felt the same way as many of the other posts, I just about broke into tears when I saw the picture of Parker. You truly are a strong woman and a strong family. What a trial. Thanks for the laugh after. That is such a cute pic of T man.
The origional song is sung by Yaz or Yazoo. Look it up on you tube. Major flashback 80's.
That is so cute!LOL!
Love the glowstick pic! People who don't have kids are missing out!
Post a Comment