Saturday, January 26, 2008

it may not be FRIDAY, but its still a FLASHBACK!



BEAUTY, eh?! you probably didn't know i was a BATON TWIRLER for 3 years. i LOVED it! it was the only "sport" i was good at. i thought i was pretty hot stuff because i FINALLY had some trophies, metals and ribbons. i do remember though, being a pretty sore loser. if i didn't WIN, i was pretty TICKED off. which did NOT please my mother AT ALL! my teacher's name was dianna and she let us twirl fire batons on occasion and had fun parties for us. just think, had i stuck with it, i could have been a parade majorette! good times.

14 comments:

Stacie said...

Okay Niki, after your last post I have to confess. My name is Stacie Jackson I met you a while back. I was in the lake Wilderness Ward.I know Steph Does your hair and your friends with Sarah.So that's How I found you is through Sarah's blog. So I was getting my hair done last night at Steph's, and she convinced me to drop you a line.I know what your thinking,I'm a Stalker,I like to call it Bloggerrazzi. Anyhow, Your a kick in the pants and I enjoy your posts. I can't believe how big your boy's are. You have such a cute family.

Sarah J. said...

OR, you could've been in the Miss America Pageant with an AMAZING talent. Darn. You're super cute. Here's to all your other talents!

Leslie Behunin said...

I double dog dare you to enter the Maple Valley 4th of July parade!

Kerry said...

You've GOT to teach an Enrichment class!

TR said...

Wow. What a star-studded past! that's a classic pic

The Burtons said...

I love the bangs, love the satin leotard, love the fringe, but most of all I love your guts!

Zappe Family said...

I was going to say you need to teach an Enrichment class too! Yup! It would be fabulous to remove all those cobwebs and show us your talent...especially with the flames! That would be exciting. We'd probably have the greatest turnout ever!

Mommy Shar said...

Now that his pretty dang funny! Check out thos skinny long legs and boney kneecaps. I would kill for my legs to be that thin. I don't think my legs have ever been that tiny not even as a baby. Shhh.. I can't give you too much grieve since I have a few awards from the very same spot He He

Mommy Shar said...

sport sport that is not spot!!

Charmayne said...

SWEET!!! I love it~that'sso awesome. I alway's wanted to be a baton twirler. SWEET!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

oh Nikki! You take the prize...we all have some "fun" pictures in our past, but you are the best!

You haven't changed a bit...except for the Posh bangs...

Melissa said...

You could be like on Miss Congeniality where the girl twirls her baton with fire coming out the ends! You really should take it up again--talk about being unique! Heck with Triathlons--twirl Niki twirl!

Terra said...

I think you should totally enter the Mrs. America Pageant. You would take it hands down, especially after the talent competition! That picture is the best...LOVE the outfit. I really wish you lived closer because I miss you!

Daina Crowell said...

YES! Best picture EVER! I love it!!!