Sunday, November 25, 2007

i'm fierce...DON'T MESS!

seriously...i am the BODYGUARD around here at night. i used to get scared when ben was gone, but then one day i realized that when he is here (and half asleep) he does me NO GOOD as far as a security goes. here is the script from his latest outburst tonight...
"NIKI! COME HERE! QUICK!!!!"
to which i reponded: "BEN....STOP. YOU'RE FINE!" (i have to admit it always gets my heart racing though)
ben: "NO I'M NOT!"
me: "Ben! quit being psycho and GO BACK TO SLEEP!"
ben: "I don’t cry wolf just to cry wolf. There is something in our bed moving around. Its making noises! Alright…I’ll wake you up when I’ve been EATEN!"
after which he PROMPTLY goes back to sleep.
this is one of SEVERAL such incidents. the first was shortly after we had p-ditty. he woke up in the middle of the night freaking out because the baby had lost his HEAD! (as he fondled my KNEE..."where's his head? where is it?" never mind the fact that he wasn't even IN our bed to begin with!) another time he awoke and told me someone was in the apartment. i asked him how he knew and he said he could see them! i told him to get his booty out of bed and save the baby! he got up to walk out of the bedroom and quickly turned around and hopped back in bed. turns out it was just a SHIRT hanging in the doorway! the next time we were in our first house and he woke up with a start again. THIS time there was someone in our house...and he KNEW it! (he could hear them in the pots and pans-because EVERYONE wants a set of $50 walmart pots & pans!) he dialed 911 on his cell phone, put his finger on send and went back to sleep w/o pushing it. he is seriously the FUNNEST person to tease when he's in the middle of a deep sleep. we've had some SERIOUS conversations about face cards and paper elephants! don't believe me? stop by sometime and we'll have some fun w/him!
P.S. i FINALLY posted some pix from our trip a few weeks ago...look below!

5 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

Jared totally acts out his dreams too! Like being Jack Bauer and saving the world from terrorist!!!!

cori said...

that is so funny. i don't dream it. i am awake, and freak out. i love how you just say...go save the baby. so fun!

Zappe Family said...

That's hilarious! Aaron talks in his sleep, but mostly I hear nonsensical stuff or just laughter. Ben needs to go eat some meat, maybe that will help? :)

Carson Calderwood said...

Sweet, I'll be over around 3am to test this out. Sounds like lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

This is Jesica Deputy. I'm Pam White (formerly Stewart)'s niece. You left a comment on my blog a few months ago (regarding the blog visits map) and I was so suprised to see who it was when visited your blog. I wasn't sure you made the connection, or even realized that it was my blog since there were no pictures of me on the surrounding posts. Anyhow, nice to see your family is doing so well! I'll keep checking in!