We have been enjoying all of the local attractions w/company this month! We went to Pike's Place Market & Snoqualmie Falls with Ben's dad and his wife Christa, and have been to Victoria BC, biked the Snoqualmie RR Tunnel, and met THE MAN at Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue w/Ben's brother Nick & his girlfriend Brooke. Let me just say that I have never IN MY LIFE tasted something hotter than Gene's Special Sauce which he proudly refers to as "THE MAN". I tasted no more than a pin drop and my entire mouth, including my lips, burned for about 20 minutes. It was insane. Gene is hillarious and it was worth going for the experience, but the food was less than desirable in my opinion.
Sunday, September 2, 2007
I met "THE MAN"
We have been enjoying all of the local attractions w/company this month! We went to Pike's Place Market & Snoqualmie Falls with Ben's dad and his wife Christa, and have been to Victoria BC, biked the Snoqualmie RR Tunnel, and met THE MAN at Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue w/Ben's brother Nick & his girlfriend Brooke. Let me just say that I have never IN MY LIFE tasted something hotter than Gene's Special Sauce which he proudly refers to as "THE MAN". I tasted no more than a pin drop and my entire mouth, including my lips, burned for about 20 minutes. It was insane. Gene is hillarious and it was worth going for the experience, but the food was less than desirable in my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When I first moved here I worked in Bellevue and would see bumper stickers everywhere that would say, "I've met THE MAN". Finally someone (Jill, I think) told me who 'THE MAN' was. I don't think I'll be meeting him anytime soon, I don't even like medium salsa! :)
Yep, I met "THE MAN" too. I have to say that I was on my best behavior when we went there for fear that Gene would give me a lot of that sauce! It was VERY HOT and I do agree that the food/atmosphere was a bit less than desirable. Makes for good conversation though, don't you think?
I actually noticed that sticker on your car yesterday when we were there and was wondering what it meant! Now I know--Mike would love to "meet the man" but I think I will just take everyones word for it.
Post a Comment