Parker was a bit apprehensive about starting first grade, but after receiving a Father's Blessing last night, was was SO excited for his first day of school this morning! He kept asking, "How much longer?" He wouldn't even eat breakfast because he was so worried about being late. Of course he HAD to ride the bus, so Ben and I walked him down and embarassed him a bit by our efforts to capture every moment with photos and video. Then we followed the bus to school and helped him get settled in his new classroom. His friend and neighbor Maia is in his class, as well as a friend from church, Eden. YEAH! His new teacher's name is Mrs. Visaya. It's sure quiet around here today without him! I miss him, but its nice to get back into a routine again! I went to the gym this morning for the first time in weeks and it felt GREAT! I almost felt guilty for not crying this morning, but he was SO ready for school to start and he was in all day Kindergarten last year, so I'm used to it! He's such a good boy. We love you SO much Parker! Thanks for being a great helper and a good big brother. I'm also so grateful for Ben as well. He made such great efforts to ensure that Parker had a good start to his school year. He gave him a blessing last night (and I didn't even have to remind him!) and took the morning off so he could accompany him to school. He also promised him a double scoop at Cold Stone tonight. What a guy! Of course Tanner wants to be big like Parker, so he had a blessing too. It was too cute! I am going to teach a two year old preschool in our home this year. We start next Tuesday and Tanner is very excited! It should be lots of fun!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
FIRST DAY OF FIRST GRADE!!!
Parker was a bit apprehensive about starting first grade, but after receiving a Father's Blessing last night, was was SO excited for his first day of school this morning! He kept asking, "How much longer?" He wouldn't even eat breakfast because he was so worried about being late. Of course he HAD to ride the bus, so Ben and I walked him down and embarassed him a bit by our efforts to capture every moment with photos and video. Then we followed the bus to school and helped him get settled in his new classroom. His friend and neighbor Maia is in his class, as well as a friend from church, Eden. YEAH! His new teacher's name is Mrs. Visaya. It's sure quiet around here today without him! I miss him, but its nice to get back into a routine again! I went to the gym this morning for the first time in weeks and it felt GREAT! I almost felt guilty for not crying this morning, but he was SO ready for school to start and he was in all day Kindergarten last year, so I'm used to it! He's such a good boy. We love you SO much Parker! Thanks for being a great helper and a good big brother. I'm also so grateful for Ben as well. He made such great efforts to ensure that Parker had a good start to his school year. He gave him a blessing last night (and I didn't even have to remind him!) and took the morning off so he could accompany him to school. He also promised him a double scoop at Cold Stone tonight. What a guy! Of course Tanner wants to be big like Parker, so he had a blessing too. It was too cute! I am going to teach a two year old preschool in our home this year. We start next Tuesday and Tanner is very excited! It should be lots of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Love the Vans and even the matching umbrella! What a kid!
Hello Bennets! Parker you are getting way too big... How did Doug get a guitar signed by U2?? Am I the only one who remembers "skit dat dough and a vodee sko"? Much love to all the Willey families!
Could your boys be any more stylin'? Or "fashionable" as Tea would say. :) Your family is so cute and I can't believe how much of a blend Parker is between you and Ben! Good luck with preschool. You'll be so great! I remember how much EVERYBODY loves Miss Willey!
Way to go, Parker! I love first day of school pictures! What a handsome boy you have, Niki.
Lookin' Good Parker ~ you are stylin as always! Today was Marlee's First day of 2nd grade. :)
He's just so darn cute!!!
Post a Comment