Tuesday, September 11, 2007

ANYONE UP FOR A GOOD CRY...?





HOLY COW! Check out this site. I couldn't go to bed without expressing the love I have for my sweet little boys. They are EVERYTHING to me! It's so easy to get caught up in housework, bills, yard, church, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, appointments, callings, phone calls, etc., etc., etc. But my children are the most important treasures that I have. I truly cherish them more than anything. I love SMILES, belly LAUGHS, STICKY little fingerprints, HUGS and KISSES, ENGERGY, INNOCENCE, I love the way they INTERACT with one another, I love DADDY wrestles, MOMMY snuggles, CURLY hair, TWINKLY eyes, NAUTGHY impulses, I love PRAYERS that are SHORT & SWEET, GALLOSHES and UMBRELLAS, BUGS, FROGS, DIRT, HOTWHEELS, LEGOS, RUNNY NOSES, NEW TENNISHOES, HOODED SWEATSHIRTS, BRUISES and BLACK EYES, SCRAPED KNEES, ROSY CHEEKS, binkies and NUGGIES (snugglies), BUBBLEBATHS that end up all over the floor, PJ's, bedtime STORIES, arts and CRAFTS, the ZOO, SWIMMING, NAPS, PEANUTBUTTER and HONEY, NOODLES without sauce, CHOC-YAT (chocolate), DIMPLES, PURPLE popsicle stains on CREAM carpet, SCRATCHES on the new kitchen table, and even BROKEN HINGES. I love PRIMARY TALKS, SLEEPLES NIGHTS, DIRTY fish tanks, MELTED food in the freezer, "hand picked" FLOWERS from my garden, WOODCHIPS in the lawn, PLAY DATES, and BIRTHDAY PARTIES! I LOVE BEING A MOM! And I love my boys...more than ANYTHING in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!! They are priceless. May we all remember that someday we will miss the crumbs, the scratches, fingerprints, clutter and constant chattering. Childhood is MAGICAL and very fleeting. Treasure your children!

6 comments:

Zappe Family said...

Thanks for the tears. It must be one of those days...
Wow...you spent a lot of time making your post so colorful!

Marisa said...

Wow, that was a great reminder of how lucky I am to have my healthy little boys! Becks just gave me lots of hugs and asked if I was sad. I don't know if anyone could watch that without losing it.

cori said...

your babies are adorable. thanks for checking in. keaton and carter {my babies} wore that same shirt today. funny. anyway. glad to have met.

Melissa said...

You can't post any more video's, too sad. But watching it did make me so thankful--the whole nine months I was prego, I was so scared and just wanted everything to be ok with Beckham. Now that he is here, I look at him everyday and think what a miracle life is! Now, if I could just get him to sleep at night...

Jodee said...

Hey Niki, this is Jodee, Carson and Marisa's friend. I saw your link from their blog and have heard a lot about your family from them. I thought I would stop by and say hi. Your boys are adorable and you blog is great! I think I also saw that you posted a comment on my little buddy Curran Pace's Caringbridge site- isn't he the best? Anyway, I hope you don't mind me peeking in from time to time.
Oh, and thanks for the good cry, I think I will go snuggle my kids all day!

Anonymous said...

Okay!This what just what I needed! Thank you for helping me to remember how much joy I find in being a mom. I was very touched and am most grateful for my precious children, also. Thanks Niki!