Monday, December 24, 2012

A Xmas Eve for the records...

I wish I could post pictures but I am OUT OF SPACE...alas, here goes:

Feeling grateful for Christmas miracles...

T-man woke up around 2 a.m. this morning hurling his guts out. We felt so bad for the little man. Such bad timing. A HUGE bonus was the fact that he managed to get it all on the floor, and none on the bedding...phew!

I remembered reading something about essential oils and stomach aches somewhere - google to the rescue - and PEPPERMINT looked like a good choice, especially considering the fact that I happened to have some on hand! I spread it over his stomach, wrists, temples and the back of his neck, behind his ears. I told him he was going to be as good as new in the morning (the power of positive thought...can't hurt to think positive thoughts, right?!) even though our neighbor boy was laid out with the stomach flu all day Saturday and ended up going in for a shot to ease the nausea.

Well what-d'ya-know...TJPants woke up feeling a bit nauseated, a little tired, but overall, not bad! By lunch time he was munching on soda crackers, by the afternoon he was playing in the snow (ANOTHER Christmas miracle!!!), and by dinner time he was eating General Tao's chicken and Pecan Shrimp at a Chinese restaurant.

After dinner he was so excited to play "Secret Santa" - his favorite tradition - with big Bro. We have been doorbell ditching the same two widows (and one of their sons) every Xmas Eve for the past three years. The boys love it.

After that, we came back to the house, opened new Xmas PJ's & slippers, and a new book (The Christmas Train, by President Monson), read and sang our way through the Christmas story, said prayer, and went to bed.

Santa is pooped...time for bed.

God bless us EVERY ONE. (He does - every day - with blessings big AND small.)

No comments: