
I confess...it is pretty much already Christmas at our house. Right now we are listening to John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD and we watched "The Grinch" with the kids tonight. I LOVE Christmas, and thankfully Ben and the boys do too! It can't come too soon for us. Last year I started listening to Christmas music in July, so I held out pretty good this year (having "The Forgotten Carols" in my CD player all year doesn't count, does it?!). Ben & I decided tonight that our house will be RED and GREEN no later than November 1st.
I LOVE everything aboat Christmas-decorating, the smell of cinnamon, laying by the fire, playing in the snow, looking at Christmas lights, making Christmas goodies, holiday parties, family time, the Santa Train, "The Forgotten Carols", Christmas movies, Christmas music, doing good deeds, playing Secret Santa as a family, shopping and gift wrapping, sending out cards with a Christmas letter and family photo, receiving letters and cards from friends near and far, caroling...I could go on ALL DAY!
I love this time of year. There is so much to look forward to-Halloween, Thanksgiving, and CHRISTMAS! I love it! I have so much to be grateful for. General Conference was wonderful as always and I enjoyed spending the weekend at home with the people I love the most.

15 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more! I love this time of year too! Great post and it has really got me excited for all of the fun things to come. Speaking of which....I think we are seriously considering having an "Ugly Sweater Party" this Christmas season so start lookin' for yours. Have you ever heard of one of these parties? They are supposed to be hilarious. We'll see!
I'll send Isaac right up. He asks daily to listen to Christmas music in the car, reads Christmas books at night for bed and still asks constantly to watch Frosty!
Ahh I am the same way...the end of sept. might as well be the christmas season! Although it is still in the 100s here!
Right there with you...except my rule is No Christmas Music until after Thanksgiving dinner...it makes it that much more special! :)
So after you finish decorating your house feel free to come and decorate mine :)
Way to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the season!!! :)
You and I are kindred spirits! I just pulled out my Christmas music today and enjoyed the sounds of the seasons while the rain came down! I love Christmas too!
I have to tell you this post put me in the best mood yesterday! I loved the enthusiasm and it was contageous. Pulled out "the" boxes from the garage and got started.
our favorite music at christmas is the john denver with the muppets cd too, since I was a child! I love it! good for you guys!!!
Sooooooo you may want to consider upping the therapy sessions!!! lol
I love you! We had Christmas up the first week of November last year and had so many neighbors laugh at us. I wasn't going to do it until Thanksgiving this year but your post just changed my mind. I will be thinking of you as we put up Christmas on November 1st! After all, it's the most wonderful time of the year!
Christmas is my fave too although we don't pull our stuff out till closer to December!
You and Ben are made for each other! If I tried to pull that one on Beau He'd send me straight to his nut house! Anyway it's hard to celebrate in 90 degree weather. I am already in the mood to bake though. I can tell the gut is adding on already.
you are too funny! i love, love, love the Grinch too. it's my all time favorite christmas movie!
OK I'll just say it--you are out of control! Although I guess I just don't have that x-mas spirit. I'm the grinch. can we still be friends?
Post a Comment