Wednesday, August 20, 2008

35 and counting...

In honor of my 35th bday today, here are 35 thing I love:

1. My family.
2. The gospel.
3. Taco Bell (Bean burrito, no onion please).
4. Fruit (especially berries, under-ripe plums/nectarines, and watermelon).
5. Dancing (hip hop hustle and zumba are my new favorite gym classes).
6. Yoga.
7. My computer.
8. Peanut butter!
9. Comedies.
10. Anything Scottish (Bag pipes, highland games, Celtic knots--and I finally found out why I have such an affinity for the Scotts-at least 3 of my great grandparents were Scotts! I'm practically a pure-bred. Haha.)
11. Family history.
12. The mountains.
13. Weeding. (I find it super gratifying to see all of the progress you've made.)
14. Vacations.
15. Swimming.
16. SUNSHINE!!!
17. Being creative (making jewelry, playing the piano, drawing, interior design, etc.).
18. Taking pictures.
19. SNOW!
20. Having my back (or arms, or legs) scratched.
21. Nothing like a good lotion foot rub!
22. Bike rides.
23. Hiking.
24. Reminiscing with old friends.
25. Family reunions.
26. HOT bubble baths.
27. Massages.
28. Down pillows, comforters, feather beds (too bad I'm allergic-BUMMER!).
29. Music! (I love everything from hip-hop to folk and blue grass, to indie, ska & punk, but NO COUNTRY!)
30. Broadway Musicals. (Mama Mia & Wicked are my favorites.)
31. I LOVE to watch talented tap and hip-hop dancers. It makes me want to learn!
32. LAUGHING!!!
33. I also enjoy making others laugh (even if it means making a fool of myself).
34. Christmas.
35. Having company/entertaining.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I'm happy with where I am in life. I have a great husband and 2 beautiful little boys that I love TONS. I'm grateful for the things I have learned and continue to learn, and for all of my awesome friends and family members. I feel comfortable in my home and enjoy our neighborhood and ward. I am blessed. Life is good. I credit everything I have and everything I am to a loving Father in Heaven. Here's to MANY MORE YEARS! :)

20 comments:

Mommy Shar said...

Happy Birthday miss Nicki!! I hope you have a great birthday. Love ya!

Ronda said...

Hope you had a Happy Birthday! You sound very content. Wow, your's and Bens birthday's are so close together. Are you going to post any photos of your birthday? I love seeing what gifts the kids get their parents.

Carson Calderwood said...

Scottish eh?!

You have to check this out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY5XF4ZH_us

BTW, Happy bday.

Sarah J. said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Niki!!! We hope your day is as SPECIAL as YOU are!!!

Evecall said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope you got my message and your present is on its way just a little late. What's NEw? Love you hope you had a great day full of fun and love!

Zappe Family said...

Happy 35th Birthday my dear friend! I want to see you do a hip-hop routine at the next ward talent show. :)

Charmayne said...

"Happy Happy Birthday Niki dear
Happy days will come to you all year~
If I had one wish then it would be~
A happy happy birthday to you from me!"

Hope you had a fabulous day Nik! :)

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad to know you!

The Dillon 6 said...

#29 -- except that you LOVE John Denver...you can't get much more country, can you?! ;)

Happy Happy birthday, Niki, dear, Happy Days will come toy ou all year. If I had one wish, then it would be, a Happy Happy birthday to YOU from ME!

How fun that you and Ben almost share birthdays!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

DANG -- I didn't read the comments. Hope you like the song that Charmayne "sang" to you first. ;)

K-Schiess said...

Happy Birhtday! I hope you had a great day!

Love you!

Sharie McCraney said...

Happy birthday Nik. I'm so sorry I didn't remember when I talked to you. My memory is totally going and I'm only 37 (i Think). I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I miss you if I were there I would have taken you out to lunch. I miss hanging out with you. Going to Utah brings back all sorts of memories.

Kerry said...

Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day! Did you know that you and Lisa Mason have the same birthday? :)

Terra said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a fabulous day. You are such an amazing mom, friend, wife, etc. and I look up to you in so many ways. Hope your next 35 years are just as fullfilling...if not, more. Love you.

amy germer said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one! I turn 35 this year too!
And I like your #16 as well.

debi said...

Sweet NB. You have to take your scottish buttocks down to "Baker Street Books" in Black Diamond. There is an onery Scottsman who runs the place and it is my all time favorite book shop! What a blessing to us all that you were born!!!

mushy lerv

deb

Christy said...

Happy B-day sis....l love ya!

AaronHeidi Nelson said...

Happy Birthday Niki!
You are a Dynamic, beautiful person and friend. Miss you too.
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Happy LATE B-Day!! I check up on you alot and love your blog. I couldn't remember my pass word to leave you comments--haha I'm LAME!!I wish I was getting to come to Utah, but my own family needs me. Miss you bunches. Give everyone hugs and kisses--well skip the kisses!

fam stories said...

Yea, Happy birthday to you! I tried to touch base with you again, but you never return calls!!! Hope to talk soon, hope your birthday was awesome!!! Loved the list of what your kids say, I need to be better at that!

Cynthia