Wednesday, March 5, 2008

POOP!









ONE WORD....encopresis. ever heard of it? i first heard the term while working at a pediatric office. hadn't thought about it much until tman developed a little case of it after a bout with chronic constipation. let me just say...NO FUN!

Signs and symptoms of encopresis may include:

Leakage of stool or liquid stool on your child's underwear when he or she isn't sick. If the amount of leakage is large, you may misinterpret it as diarrhea.
Constipation and dry, hard stool.
Passage of large stool that clogs or almost clogs the toilet.
Avoidance of bowel movements.
Lack of appetite.
Abdominal pain.

poor little guy hadn't had a healthy B.M. for weeks. until today...i sat him on the comode and he went 3 TIMES IN ONE DAY! woohoo. we're on our way. pditty did GREAT w/#1 and STRUGGLED w/#2. tman seems to be #1 in a #2 business, but when it comes to GOING #1, he prefers to do it in his drawers. anyway, couldn't resist sharing the latest photos.

8 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

those pictures are PRICELESS! You can totally tell that he's YOUR son!! :) Our kids have all suffered from horrid constipation...about 18 months until as late as 2-1/2. It was sometimes like delivering a child to get them out. YUCK! I think our youngest has been the most mild, although I'm sure I'll regret saying that...

Zappe Family said...

Love it! Can I have Tman play with Mitchell in order to get Mitchell at all interested in potty training??? Seriously! He's still not interested at all and he's almost 3.5!!! Constipation is so yuck!!!

cori said...

oh poor little guy! glad to hear things are moving along. get it? i crack myself up.

Balls Family said...

I'm sorry and I hope no one takes this the wrong way but there's nothing cuter than your little boy in his undies with trucks, cars, motorcycles, or Superheros on them. The first time Kaden started wearing his undies, I got a little emotional because he wasn't my little baby anymore but it's so amazing to watch them grow up. Yeah, I hear you, we couldn't get Kaden to do #2 for six months after he got #1 down. VERY painful and frustrating experience!

Sharie McCraney said...

You are sick and halarious!

Kerry said...

Those facial expressions are classic! What a cute kid! Anyway, I have a story for you....some of my older sister's kids have had constipation issues. She spent quite a bit of time teaching them the digestive benefits of eating fruit....pears in particular. One day one of her young boys yelled to her from the bathroom while he was sitting on the pot: "Mom, can you bring me a pear?!" Don't we all wish we could have instantaneous results when we needed them? :)

Rachael said...

okay, this is hilarious. And Ellie was right there with the whole constipation thing. We coached her through her BMs for months (maybe a year? I think I have enough experience to be a doula) and then used ex-lax for a bit during potty training. Call me if you want super nasty stories. :) Messy, messy, messy. But we lived through it and, miraculously, so did the carpet. I never thought I'd pray over stains in carpet.... Good luck! He's super cute!

fam stories said...

Wow your house is gorgeous! Your son is adorable too! Glad to see your cute kids!