Thursday, February 14, 2008

MY VALENTINE...


*What is his full name? BENJAMIN ROWE BENNETT

*How long have you been married? 9 YEARS

*How long did you date? NOT LONG ENOUGH! (JKOC) 3 MO'S-we eloped to the San Diego Temple.

*Who eats more sweets? HIM (I'M OFF SUGAR) HE'S AN ICECREAM ADDICT. HE PRETTY MUCH EATS MORE SWEETS THAN ANYONE-and he's skinny as a rail. Hardly seems fair, huh?!

*Who said I love you first? CAN'T RECALL, BUT I'M PRETTY SURE IT WAS HIM...

*How old is he? 30

*Who is smarter? BOOK SMARTS: HIM, STREET SMARTS: ME FOR SURE!!!

*Who can sing better? UP FOR DEBATE-we can both carry a tune, but that's pretty much it.

*What is his favorite road trip snack? YOU NAME IT- ANYTHING WITH SUGAR AND/OR CAFFEINE. HE HAS EVEN BEEN KNOWN TO EAT KIPPER SNACKS BEFORE-SICK.

*What are his hobbies? WORK, OUTDOORS (hiking, biking, skiing, camping, kayaking), SCOUTS.

*Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? ME-I ALWAYS SLEEP ON WHICHEVER SIDE IS CLOSER TO THE BATHROOM.

*Who mows the lawn? ME. I DON'T LIKE THE WAY HE DOES IT. (HE WON'T EDGE, AND HE DOESN'T FERTILIZE AT 1/2 STRENGTH IN A CRISS-CROSS PATTERN. I LOVE A PERFECT LAWN.)

*Who does the laundry? ME. He helps put it away once in awhile.

*Who pays the bills? ME. But we may be making a change after our most recent budget review! :)

*Who cooks dinner? PROBABLY CLOSE TO 50/50. I do it out of neccessity (and because I'd rather clean up after MY messes than his!), he does it because he LOVES it!

*Who is more stubborn? THAT WOULD BE A TOSS-UP. I WOULD SAY HIM FOR SURE, HE WOULD PROBABLY SAY IT WAS DEFINITELY ME. HE IS MORE SILENTLY STUBBORN ("I'LL AGREE WITH YOU AND DO WHAT I WANT LATER..."), WHEREAS I PRETTY MUCH WEAR MY EMOTIONS ON MY SLEEVE.

*Who asked who out? HE ASKED ME OUT. WE WENT MTN. BIKING AND TO DINNER.

*Who kissed who first? HE KISSED ME. AFTER ABOUT 2 WEEKS...AND IT WAS ONLY A PECK. I WAS LIKE, "HELLO! WHAT WAS THAT?!" SORRY BABE, BUT YOU GOTTA ADMIT.

*Who proposed? HIM. HE TOOK ME UP IN THE SNOW AND HAD A CANDLE LIT DINNER COMPLETE WITH A BONFIRE AND ROSE PETALS. VERY ROMANTIC, MEMORABLE AND SWEET!

*Who has more friends? I WOULD HAVE TO SAY HE'S PROBABLY MORE LIKEABLE, BUT DOESN'T HAVE AS MUCH TIME FOR FRIENDS, SO BY DEFAULT, ME. I LOVE MY GREAT FRIENDS.

*Who is more sensitive? PROBABLY NEITHER. MORE EASILY ANNOYED...? Definitely yours truly. I have a LOT of pet peaves...eating noises,snoring, brown and black, navy and black-even worse-it would take way too long to name them all. To avoid making myself sound ALL bad, I have to say that despite my tendencies to have short patience and to be pretty peticular, I NEVER hold grudges. If I get mad, I get over it REALLY quickly.

*Who has more siblings? HIM. He has 4 full, 6 halves, and 11 steps in all. I have 4 full (including myself). I like to say he has a "family spider web" as opposed to a family tree. But what a GREAT web it is! I LOVE his family. (and mine too of course!)

*Who wears the pants? I ALWAYS TELL HIM THAT IT SHOULD BE ME SINCE I'M OLDER (BY 4 YEARS), BUT WE BOTH DO. DEPENDS ON THE ISSUE.

15 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

you definitely have a gift for story telling. way to grab the younger man!! :)

Stacie said...

You and your hubby are sickening Cute. I had no idea you were a cradle robber NICE! =)

Zappe Family said...

What a great way to start my morning. :) Love your honesty and fun!

Corey and Lisa said...

Fun reading about you guys!! I love that you eloped...if I did it over again, I would DEFINITELY elope! You guys are very cute!

Leslie Behunin said...

I'll be calling w/ lawn care tips this spring! You and Ben are great! Happy Valentines Day!

cori said...

loved reading this! such a cute couple.

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing. Love the stories.

Kerry said...

I always freak when I hear Ben's age....what in the world will you guys be doing in your 50's with everything you've already accomplished at such a young age.... dang!

Sarah J. said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

I'm headed out for "date night" and had to think of you...I'm wearing a black and brown. Sorry. ;)

Mommy Shar said...

I miss you two =*( Too think I could have been part of that web. Reminds me of our airplane ride together, you will have to ask Ben about it. What a great flight NOT

Charmayne said...

You guys are so cute. Love reading your postings. One of these days we will have to get together. It's been soooooo long. Have a great week Nik~

Sharie McCraney said...

Nik- You are so creative and cute.

Terra said...

loved the post! i still remember going to that wedding dress store with you and watching you try on your dress. little did i know you needed it to elope that next week! love you guys! so glad you found each other.

AaronHeidi Nelson said...

That was so awesome! You are hilarious, and every time I read your blog I find we are more alike. Mouth Noises and Black and Brown....ME TOO. SOO funny.