
so this is my husband...cute as a bug's ear, determined as a two year old, sweet as sugar and stubborn as molases. gotta love him. he went sailing for 3 days (thank you microsoft) for "training" and came home "GREEN". he is now a vegetarian that eats strictly fish and tofu. so how am i supposed to cook a nice family meal now?! tofu casserole, cream cheese chicken...chicken on the side? anyone have any suggestions? i could accomodate a no RED meat diet and believe me...i TRIED to talk him into it, but he is one DETERMINED bugger when he sets his mind to something! (although he HAS finally quit running on SUNDAY mornings...even HUSBANDS need a day of rest for crying out loud!) so here's the LATEST...this morning he tells me NO MORE WATER BOTTLES, because do you know HOW LONG they sit in landfills? oh boy...believe you me, i have a little green in me myself...i was a total granola in the 90s (i have pictures to prove it) i have made my own cleaning supplies before and i TRY to buy mostly organic foods, but this is REDICULOUS!
27 comments:
You have my deepest sympathies.
I think going green is GREAT but the no meat thing would make cooking meals for the fam difficult unless everyone goes veggie. Here's a blog w/recipes that might help! http://vegetarianation.blogspot.com
You're a good wife!!! :)
My favorite blog post of all time! I love you hon... thanks for all your support!
is he going to vote for Hilary now?
and drive a hybrid, buy some carbon credits, and were burkinstocks?
Al Gore junior. Maybe when you get rich you can buy a mansion, have a $5000 utility bill, fly around in a jet and tell the rest of us that we promote greenhouse gases by using our lights. J.K.:)
As a side, check out Al Gore's picture on the nobel prize website...can you say Jaba the Hut...I think he's combating global warming by eating those that use too much energy.
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2007/
Check out those jowels
From the CA state Gov website on conservation:
If recycled, the raw materials from those (water)bottles could be used to make 74 million square feet of carpet, 74 million extra large T-shirts or 16 million sweaters, among other things.
I say buy water bottles, recycle, carpet the world, clothe the fat and make sweater the cold!
oops, hit the enter before I could change that last part (sweater the cold?..nice) kind of hurts the delivery
Keep in mind that by not eating meat you are creating more greenhouse gasses as there will then be more cows that fart furthering the make believe land of global warming.
BTW nicely done Rick.
Yikes. Sorry to hear about his "conversion." Were you in SS yesterday? Remember the conversation about eating meat? Looks like your Turkey day might be a TOFUrkey day from now on! (My former boss bought those for the vegans at my work.) Good times. BTW I do LOVE veggie burgers...and I'm not a vegetarian. Crazy Ben!
Glad to see liberal Seattle rubbing off on you guys and turning you a little more green.
good one doogie & ricky ricardo! couldn't have said it better myself!! jill...TOFOurkey? you gotta be KIDDING me?! never heard of it. wendy, thx for the condolances, les...thx for the tipper, but i don't think i'm kind enough to cater to these crazy whims. And hon...I support a lot of things, but you're on your own on this one. love ya!
looks like this IS the most popular blog post of all time.
and... for all you family members, for Christmas this year, I've purchased some carbon credits in your name. enjoy!
SO SORRY! Ben...come on buddy, wake up. I do know a great shrink if you think it would help! I am all for doing my part in saving the planet but going to the extreme is not my piece of cake. Nikki - hang in there. This too shall pass!?!
Here's an idea - maybe request that Microsoft(it is there fault after all) supply a chef to cook for Ben until this phase passes?!?
Ben thanks for the carbon credits xmas! I'm going to run my pool heater for a month non stop and leave the lights on too. For good measure I'm not going to recycle until March!
Guess we won't be inviting you over for our roast anytime soon! Jake would go nutsos over vegan food. Are you kidding me, he'd say?!? Am I a woman??? Good luck... I have no tips for you. I'm probably the furthest thing from "going green."
At least there isn't a Nazi ran and monitored compost pail in your kitchen. Has Ben ever proposed having a worm farm? Does he go through the garbage before he takes it out to right the wrongs of what you have thrown away? My dear, it can get so much worse.
Ben,
From this day forward I will make it my mission in life to offset your efforts. You can call me your Even Steven. You don't have steak, I'll have two. You walk to work, I'll idle my SUV in the driveway for 8 hours. You rescue a dog from the animal shelter, I'll kick a puppy. Someone has to maintain balance in the universe. :-)
I don't know who Ryan (Even Steven) is, but amen brother. Nice one! Could not have said it better myself. My favorite quote of the string.
Thanks for the carbon credits Ben. I have made a contribution in your name to the human fund for Festivus.
Well just for kicks and giggles, I've decided to switch my garbage can and recycling can. I can't wait to see the look on the recycler's face when he tries to recycle my kid's car seat!
Next time you hear a comment about a nice warm day, just be grateful there are people like me trying to make this world a better place. Last time I checked the Ice Age sucked. Bring on the heat!
Ben, If I had my way, I would cook vegetarian 100%. (Chris would never go for that though). Did you eat turkey on Thanksgiving? Eating dead animals has never been a fav pastime of mine. I'm all for you in this change. I think it's for the better! If only more people could do it... (Niki, don't be mad at me ;)
Post a Comment